It's a terrible time to sell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    For me looking around the FS ads its simply price. Most of the items I am interested are nearly the same price as it would be new. Its not my preference to buy a used handgun for $50 less than the same model is new.

I very rarely see those "good deals" in the items I am interested in.

One thing to consider is that generally it's not just $50 less than new retail. It's 50 dollars, plus ffl, plus tax or shipping. And unless a gun has been in one of our famous floods or used as a hammer or lever of some sort, used is typically not an issue.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    One thing to consider is that generally it's not just $50 less than new retail. It's 50 dollars, plus ffl, plus tax or shipping. And unless a gun has been in one of our famous floods or used as a hammer or lever of some sort, used is typically not an issue.

Brawny, you do make a good point. Even if buying at a local brick and motar store where they may not charge an ffl transfer fee, and no shipping, if the firearm is $400 and the tax is 10%, thats another $40 added to the price of the firearm.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    I've personally taken advantage of the rebates and great sales on new guns over the last 6-8 months. I've mostly shopped with online sellers offering free or cheap shipping and then used my favorite FFL for reasonable transfers. I've been able to snag some good deals this way.

I've been shopping used guns lately, but most folks haven't been able to make the deals worthwhile compared to the the cash rebates or gear packages from companies like S&W or Springfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    It seems that many of us value our weapons very highly, which is rightly so, we know the time and money that has gone into certain weapons we own. When it comes time to sell, you want some of that back.
    Now reality check, new prices are bottoming out. Ive seen some insanely low prices lately on new guns on both the internet and local stores. Seems everyone is dumping overstock at amazing prices. Its hard to justify spending 1k on an AR when the same ones new are 600. Same with AKs as well. WASRs are running brand new in the 600-700 range right now.
    And as far as accessories go, it seems many people don't discount the price of those as used. I understand they add value, but taking $20 bucks off the original price of a $500 part.....

Ive always traded, it seems you can get better value and come to an agreement a lot easier than an outright sale. Both people usually walk away feeling satisfied in a trade transaction.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Definitely a time to buy, brownells had complete 300 blackout AR's last week for $329.99 shipped. That is less than aks were selling for in the mid 2000's.

I am just waiting for ammo to drop in a price a little more and I will be stocking up.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Moe: you and a coupke othwrs have a couple guns for sale I'd like to pick up. I just don't have enough cash at the moment that I could even make you a reasonable offer. I don't like to insult/lowball People, so I'm just trying to get money up before I bother... i could do a trade but nobody wants what I have so... .... i hate being broke during a buyers market time like this.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Off topic sorta: We should start a permenant thread where you list what you have that you would consider trading, as well as what you'd really like. Then people can Pm you with offers...

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Off topic sorta: We should start a permenant thread where you list what you have that you would consider trading, as well as what you'd really like. Then people can Pm you with offers...

We have permanent threads for that--it's called the Classified Section.
    Maybe what you are referring to is a permanent section in Classifieds for WTT only.
    People will still offer what they don't want in their gun safes for what you have regardless if it's in your list of what you want to trade for items.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I think this forum is like many others. I see some great deals, some fair/market value deals, and some deals near the cost of new.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Moe: you and a coupke othwrs have a couple guns for sale I'd like to pick up. I just don't have enough cash at the moment that I could even make you a reasonable offer. I don't like to insult/lowball People, so I'm just trying to get money up before I bother... i could do a trade but nobody wants what I have so... .... i hate being broke during a buyers market time like this.
    Yea I can't take any trades at the moment..but just to let you know,I sold the Ksg,pmr30 and the Smith and Wesson bodygaurd and the sigp238

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom