Came home to HOLES in my yard!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I came home this evening, and I kid you not, there must be 50+ holes in my back yard all along my back patio and just outside of my flower beds. The holes are about the size of a small fist, and if you look inside, there's another almost perfectly round hole. The inside hole is ~1.5-2 inches in diameter. I'm thinking armadillo's but this is the first time I've had this issue in the 5 years I've been living in this house. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow, but photobucket is being stupid.

So what says the hive? Armadillo's or my wife thinks there's Vole Holes. Which I've never heard of.

How do I rid myself of this issue (shooting suppressed 22 is not an option, I do not have a privacy fence and my neighbors FRONT yard faces my back yard.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You live in N.O.? I'd say falling 12ga slugs are more likely than moles...

We use the term "New Orleans" loosely where I live. I want to say we are only "orleans" for the tax money, otherwise we would be considered Plaquemines

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Actually I have always thought it was pronounced "Nawlins". :mamoru:

"orleans" as in Orleans parish. but I'm of the border of plaqumines and orleans. Literally the bridge the I take home is crazy, when you get on the bridge, you are in Orleans, then 3/4's of the way down the bridge you are in Plaquemines, but it then curves, and you are back in Orleans when you get off the bridge.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    "orleans" as in Orleans parish. but I'm of the border of plaqumines and orleans. Literally the bridge the I take home is crazy, when you get on the bridge, you are in Orleans, then 3/4's of the way down the bridge you are in Plaquemines, but it then curves, and you are back in Orleans when you get off the bridge.

Now that is totally messed up if you ask me!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Squirrels or armadillos. My neighbors put up a bird feeder in their yard and now the squirrels are EVERYWHERE and digging lil holes all over the place to bury their treasures.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Squirrels or armadillos. My neighbors put up a bird feeder in their yard and now the squirrels are EVERYWHERE and digging lil holes all over the place to bury their treasures.

Never realized squirrels dug holes. Always had tons of squirrels behind my property, but never any holes.

Yard typically looks like this, nice and flat

fCjXUiF.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I had holes like that and thought it was squirrels or armadillos and stayed up late one night and it was raccoons. Squirrels usually sleep at night and armadillos eat a lot of bugs and stuff under leaves which u don't have. Raccoons must be digging for acorns that the squirrels hide.

Top Bottom