Where to look for used guns?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I normally look online at Gunbroker for stuff! Have been looking fir quite some time. But it is the same old, same old, guns.
    So asking to much, that get relisted as never meet reserve! Or are not in good shape so no one bids on them and same thing relisted
    So what other places do you guys look at for not so normal everyday stuff?

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Try Tri Parish Police Supply in Houma. You can look on their Facebook page and see what they have before you drive from Kenner. They have a lot of consignments with little mark up. Their prices on bone stock guns are not great, but their guns for sale still have nice accessories - good optics, bipods, grips, etc. They don't like to put stuff on the wall that has all of the good stuff stripped off. You can sometimes find a steal on something some guy put a lot of money into and is bored with it now.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    The problem with gunbroker is the same that has happened to eBay - too many dealers and too few individual sellers. I know ebay doesn't allow firearms sales, but the formula is basically the same. Ebay in particular, at least I believe, has mostly lost regular people clearing out the garage because of excessive fees. They charge you small fees for extra pics, reserve price, etc, then something like 10% of what it sells for, then, another small percentage for using Paypal. It adds up and is pretty rough on someone just trying to sell a few things. It seems a little overpriced for the convenience. Actual auctions seem rare without some unrealistic reserve price. I used to look there for things, but almost never even bother now.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I have been buying 20 plus guns a year for the last few years. I avoid auctions because there's no fun in them. The hunt and the haggling over price is where the fun is.
    I go to three pawn shops on a regular bases and five others simi regular. I also go to local gun shops.
    I will buy from a individual locally as long as I can run the SN# first. Picked up a Ruger 357Mag New Model Blackhawk in good shape for $60 last year from a guy that got a DWI and needed money.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have been buying 20 plus guns a year for the last few years. I avoid auctions because there's no fun in them. The hunt and the haggling over price is where the fun is.
    I go to three pawn shops on a regular bases and five others simi regular. I also go to local gun shops.
    I will buy from a individual locally as long as I can run the SN# first. Picked up a Ruger 357Mag New Model Blackhawk in good shape for $60 last year from a guy that got a DWI and needed money.
    How does that work?where do u run the S.N at?..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I normally look online at Gunbroker for stuff! Have been looking fir quite some time. But it is the same old, same old, guns.
    So asking to much, that get relisted as never meet reserve! Or are not in good shape so no one bids on them and same thing relisted
    So what other places do you guys look at for not so normal everyday stuff?

Gretna Gun Works....duh!

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Gretna Gun Works....duh!
    Have you been to gretna gunworks lately?..last time I went it was about 2 years ago..wondering if they have a good ammount of stuff in stock with good prices...last time I went they didn't have much and the prices where high,which was normal back then with the whole gunscare/ban/ammo shortage

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Im there Tuesday-Sat 10 to 6...lol. There is currently a pretty healthy amount of used guns. Both used handgun cases are full and the entire long gun rack is as well.

enigma

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Metairie
    Google "louisiana sportsman classifieds guns" and take the first search result. You will finds all kinds of locals selling their used guns. Sometimes near brand new and you can find a steal

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom