Went to Theo's Neighborhood Pizza last night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Zita's and That's Amore both checked out.

Zita's has a Saturday night deal. The girl is Yasmine and from Turkey. She is a very good waitress. Hummus mixed with balsamic vinegar made a good dressing for the salad. Quite a good deal for what we paid. In fact I questioned if they left something off of the bill. $26.00 for 3 of us. I don't usually tip 40 percent, but I did that night. Most places I go I can be a bit frugal but I never short change on a tip for good service.

Amore is pretty impressive as well. Deep dish is something new to me and I am not sure if it is worth the extra wait. The wait was not a problem as we had beat the rush but it can be at times. It is good though, just a bit stronger in the seasoning taste. We are definitely going back. Maybe to the St. Charles location for the wood fired. The crust is excellent. $88 for a deep dish and 2 New Yorks with everything else including a beer & fried pickles. It was twice as much food as we needed for 6 of us. 2 big dudes with us didn't eat much as we thought they would and a slice is fairly substantial in either style.

Can't go wrong these 2 or Pizza Nola. In fact a slice is fairly substantial at all 3 places.
    Pizza quest is ongoing . . . it's becoming a thing for us.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Since moving to the northshore about 15 years ago I don't get to the southshore much. But when I do and I have a pizza craving, I try to hit up Tower of Pizza on Veterans between Causeway and Bonnabel. It's been a few years since I've eaten there though. They used to only open for dinner but I think they open up for lunch now.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Right down the road from Pizza Nola, I'll check it out.
    Pizza Florence is on the list too.

I am pretty pissed about theo's, not gonna lie.

I like Pizza Florence's sandwiches more than their pizza. The pizza is ok, the sandwiches are good. Kinda like Pizza Roma's were, or maybe Italian Pie's.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    When I see a sign like that at a place of business when I walk inside, and they ask if they can help me or how many in the party to be seated, I reply no or none as according to their sign I am not welcome there and will take my business elsewhere. I turn around, walk out and leave.

I normally avoid places with signs, but I was with a group of 15 people... daughter's friends and their parents... couldn't avoid it.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Zita's and That's Amore both checked out.

Zita's has a Saturday night deal. The girl is Yasmine and from Turkey. She is a very good waitress. Hummus mixed with balsamic vinegar made a good dressing for the salad. Quite a good deal for what we paid. In fact I questioned if they left something off of the bill. $26.00 for 3 of us. I don't usually tip 40 percent, but I did that night. Most places I go I can be a bit frugal but I never short change on a tip for good service.

Amore is pretty impressive as well. Deep dish is something new to me and I am not sure if it is worth the extra wait. The wait was not a problem as we had beat the rush but it can be at times. It is good though, just a bit stronger in the seasoning taste. We are definitely going back. Maybe to the St. Charles location for the wood fired. The crust is excellent. $88 for a deep dish and 2 New Yorks with everything else including a beer & fried pickles. It was twice as much food as we needed for 6 of us. 2 big dudes with us didn't eat much as we thought they would and a slice is fairly substantial in either style.

Can't go wrong these 2 or Pizza Nola. In fact a slice is fairly substantial at all 3 places.
    Pizza quest is ongoing . . . it's becoming a thing for us.

The trick for Amore is call when you are leaving your house. They'll put it in and it'll be cooking while you're on your way. When we go, our pizza is usually in the table 5-10 minutes after we get there.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The trick for Amore is call when you are leaving your house. They'll put it in and it'll be cooking while you're on your way. When we go, our pizza is usually in the table 5-10 minutes after we get there.
    The owner was going around schmoozing, which is smart, and told us to call ahead. We got there for 6 and had the waitress get the deep dish going first, so that worked out to maybe 30 minutes since they were dead at the time. It got busy in no time. Another smart thing is having a to go menu on the table.

Not sure I like the deep dish as much as new york style, but not a problem I can't fight & suffer though. I'm willing to put in the work to figure it out. Fixing to hit the leftovers for lunch.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom