Zydeco Green Beans and Huge Kegged Breasts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA

This is one of my favorite dishes. Of course many would think of green beans as a side dish but this is sooooo...... good over white rice it was intended to be the main part of the meal. I did grill a few chicken breasts that were so big I decided to cut the down some. I will say this always reminds me of my mother and that's where I learned to cook this. She was a great cook!!!!!

Started out with five pounds of frozen whole(but not really that big)green beans and used about three pounds of Kiolbassa smoked beef sausage. That is some delicious sausage!!! I did add half a pound of tasso for a little extra smoky flavor. Cooked down about 5-6 cup of diced onions, five large toes of garlic and added the sausage back(browned it a bit first)then added some chicken base and water then the beans and let it come up to a good simmer and covered it and cooked until tender. With a good sausage you don't really need much seasoning except for black papper and no salt because of the chicken base.

35681805750_b5c8b57115_b.jpg

Oh, can't forget the potatoes. Here they are done! That juice you see is fantastic on fresh cooked white rice!

35231110044_26d4c6613b_b.jpg

The chicken on the grill seasoned simply.

36074453355_698724ffe8_b.jpg

Time to eat! Had a lil potato salad left from the other day and I whipped up a quick cornbread as the homemade loaves of bread I was making weren't rising quick enough to be done in time for dinner.

36034073646_dfaa001365_b.jpg

These were so good I'm thinking of calling them "More Green Beans". Everyone that has them always gore back for more. Lol.........

36074449565_bb4040f908_b.jpg

The chicken which became the supporting cast member to the green beans.

36034070316_1b0dc1fa82_b.jpg

Top Bottom