Banh Mi ? Who here likes them - Besides Noob and I?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    Dong Phoung bakery hands down is the best I've had. I am slightly addicted to these things and Vietnamese food in general. I get them all the time on my way into work in the parish. Bahn Mi Boys also has some good ones, I like the way the put some culinary twists on the sandwiches. Frostys aren't bad either. I can't speak for any of the places on the westbank though, never go over there much. Funny story, during a turnaround one time I ate about 2 of these a day for about 3 weeks ( and I also add sirracha to them for extra spice) and then I started having gastrointestinal problems about a week later. Went to the doctor explained what was going on and then he asked me what I had been eating. After I told him about all the sandwiches he said his diagnosis was that I had killed all the natural bacteria in my gut and that was causing the problems. I had to take probiotics and eat yogurt for like 2 week before I got back to normal lol. I guess there can be too much of a good thing.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Stopped by Dong Phuong this past weekend before a beach trip. Not sure if everyone knows, but if you buy 10, you get 1 free. Also if you aren't eating it immediately, let them know. They won't toast the bread and will put all the vegetables separately, that way you can heat up the sandwich in the oven, and add the vegetables etc after as to keep it crisp and fresh.

Mr Bubbles is my go to place though, since it's close to my house/work.

Top Bottom