MRE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Urban Preppers in Metairie... or wait for the "PREPPER" show at the Ponchartrain center this weekend. Or... if you have the time... wait for a hurricane!!

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    ,,,,, Or... if you have the time... wait for a hurricane!!

This.....If you are only interested in MRE's.... Free and they are going to be new or near new production. Just keep going back for more on a daily basis until you think have enough and get family members to do the same and give them to you if they don't want them.

Don't feel guilty for getting as much as possible and think you are screwing someone over.[your taxes pay for them]. Some have said ,"whatcha going to do with all that" .Well ,what I'm not going to do is wait in a line for a few hours for a case after every "event". After Katrina and Issac I saw more MRE's going in the trash and Tangi landfill then I could ever use in 5 lifetimes. Then I watched on the news about a year later where the .gov sent like 5 million surplus meals to an incinerator because they didn't have any storage space to put the new cases in. Think about that a minute.... They could have just as easily given them out to whoever wanted any, but instead they sent them to an incinerator instead.

Keep them inside and dry storage and they last for..????.. I still eat a few every year from 2005 and nothing wrong with them.

And don't rely only on MRE's for your emergency food source. Freeze dried like Augason Farms ,Wise or Mountain House should also be on hand. You just need hot water to prepare them and they are a lot tastier then MRE's.

Check Ebay and Amazon for some of the better deals on freeze dried. Most vendors offer free shipping.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom