GSSF/USPSA practice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlyingCheeta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2017
    Nola
    I just bought a Glock 34 and I'm looking to get into competition shooting. I was thinking if starting with GSSF but I'm not sure where I can practice around NOLA. Any suggestions?

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    We have a GSSF match coming up this weekend in Baton Rouge at FRC Range (9378 S Choctaw Dr. Baton Rouge, Louisiana, LA 70815).
    It's the 2nd of 3 the match for the indoor league, and you only need 2 out of the 3 to qualify for random drawing for a G43 and other prizes.
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?165985-Indoor-GSSF-Match-comes-to-BR

Also at FRC Range. They will be having a USPSA training/Practice starting on Tuesday 8th.
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?166939-Monday-Night-Pracice-to-Move-to-FRC-Range

Also Bayou Dragon in Marrero holds a GSSF match year round. I personally don't care for the place and will not go back.

There is also Nick's Shooting Range in Garyville (5192 W Airline Hwy, Garyville, Louisiana 70051) has a Match every weekend (Sundays morning , hammer down at 8:30). Down side there is only 6 to 7 more weeks before he shuts down the matches for the rest of the year. Nick's usually get the matches started up the 2nd weekend in January.

Shooters Club in Harahan also has GSSF Matches, there were some issues this year and they didn't have one this years. They are working to get things worked out and have them again for next year. Shooters Club usually has theirs starting in February.

LA Gator is also another site for checking schduel's for USPSA type shooting. lagator.org

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You can also check the Competition thread on this site. We have a USPSA practice session at FRC on Tuesday night from 7 to 9. I know its a little far for you but it's available.

Beauxdog

japarker82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    New Orleans
    Also a man on man style plate match on the first and third Friday at St Bernard indoor. If you search Facebook for Friday night plate match you can find it

FlyingCheeta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2017
    Nola
    St Bernard may be the winner. I wish I had time to drive to BR, but with 2 kids...

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Most of the USPSA matches are on Sundays & there are some in Biloxi as well. There Steel Challenge matches as well.

Beauxdog

Top Bottom