Who shot the floor at Bass Pro/

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Ok who wants to come clean? I was at Bass Pro yesterday and the guy working at the range showed me where some guy let a round off right in front of his counter. Made a real nice spot on the cement floor. Oh and it scared everybody in the store. My cousin works at the other end of the store on the ground level. She said it was LOUD

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Probably and employee lol. That happened at one of my previous places of emploment. Im so glad that I wasnt working that day.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    With 10s of millions of gun owners in the US, there are bound to be a few who turn off their brain when they pick up a gun, and YouTube seems to disproportionally document their stupidity. Just calling a negligent discharge an accidental discharge doesn't mean someone didn't do something really stupid.

There are stupid outliers in every population.
    - A driver's license doesn't mean a driver won't text and drive off a mountain.
    - A college degree does not confer common sense (seems to be especially evident with engineering degrees :)).
    - Exercising your 1st amendment right doesn't mean you won't say something wrong or stupid that you'll regret later (newscasters and politicians are good illustrations of this).
    - Just because you have the equipment and directions to deep fry a turkey doesn't mean you won't burn down your house when you set it up in your garage or kitchen.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I gotta say I love this line...." A college degree does not confer common sense (seems to be especially evident with engineering degrees"!!!! You must deal with them too.;)

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    With 10s of millions of gun owners in the US, there are bound to be a few who turn off their brain when they pick up a gun, and YouTube seems to disproportionally document their stupidity. Just calling a negligent discharge an accidental discharge doesn't mean someone didn't do something really stupid.

There are stupid outliers in every population.
    - A driver's license doesn't mean a driver won't text and drive off a mountain.
    - A college degree does not confer common sense (seems to be especially evident with engineering degrees :)).
    - Exercising your 1st amendment right doesn't mean you won't say something wrong or stupid that you'll regret later (newscasters and politicians are good illustrations of this).
    - Just because you have the equipment and directions to deep fry a turkey doesn't mean you won't burn down your house when you set it up in your garage or kitchen.

We have a thread winner already!!!

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I gotta say I love this line...." A college degree does not confer common sense (seems to be especially evident with engineering degrees"!!!! You must deal with them too.;)

2ee7761d3a576d19b1cc80270b328afc.jpg

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Ok who wants to come clean? I was at Bass Pro yesterday and the guy working at the range showed me where some guy let a round off right in front of his counter. Made a real nice spot on the cement floor. Oh and it scared everybody in the store. My cousin works at the other end of the store on the ground level. She said it was LOUD

Probably it was Austin that did it before he left for New York. Or, maybe shortly after he got back down south if even he has returned yet. :dogkeke:

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    happened to me with gun loaded. demonstrate single action safety, but it was double action. I killed a cutting board on wall :beer:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I heard it was a old guy that comes there a lot. Said he gets a buggy puts a US flag and Rebel flag on it and puts his guns in it. Wears flipflops and rolled up pants. I would like to hear more about that

SigSour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2017
    Baton Rouge
    We had a guy here at FRC smoke the floor at about 5 yards with a 50 AE. He got scared and looked away and just blasted the floor. Idiot.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is one of the reasons I pick and choose which gun stores I go in, and that almost never includes big box stores. There are *far* too many people that wax poetic about how good they are with guns (because they shot a rifle with grandpa thirty years ago), and yet they'll muzzle sweep the room with their finger on the trigger.

Mike

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I agree. To me, a college degree means NOTHING. Just about anyone can read a book and pass a test.The Older I get, the more I realize, common sense isn't really so common.

Oh, and the college degree thing.... I love being a mechanic because:
    Mechanic = Using a high school diploma to fix the ****, your engineering degree couldn't get right the first time.
    I

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Now now lets not be too harsh on them. There are many engineers out there who are very practical and get their hands dirty like the rest of us. They have their place in this world but the problem with some of them, especially in the petrochemical business is they sometimes don't want to listen to the people who run the plants-technicians, operators, mechanics (trade people) and such. These people run the places and know the machinery and hardware like the back of their hand. That is where I have problems...In the automotive world, when I was in the repair business years ago, I would have loved to punch an engineer to designing such crap to start with and then making it damn near impossible to work on the car. Anyway engineers have their place in the world and as they mature and move along in their careers they respect the people that actually run things a lot more. Some of my best friends are engineers and my sister is married to one at NASA and he is very down to earth about things..

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree. To me, a college degree means NOTHING. Just about anyone can read a book and pass a test.The Older I get, the more I realize, common sense isn't really so common.

Oh, and the college degree thing.... I love being a mechanic because:
    Mechanic = Using a high school diploma to fix the ****, your engineering degree couldn't get right the first time.
    I

One of my biggest regrets from high school is that I didn't immediately learn a trade. There was a stigma then (as there still is) that learning a trade was somehow "less" than going to college and finding a white collar job. As it happened, a lot of the kids that went into trades are making more money than their white collar peers. It turns out that plumbers and car mechanics can, and do make excellent livings.

That said, I have two degrees and an appreciation for what college offers. And while I have plenty of beefs with universities, I do appreciate that they teach (or attempt to teach) things that go far beyond reading a book and testing on the contents. A lot of what college teaches is about how to think critically, how to synthesize large volumes of information and distill it into cogent points, etc. These are skills that many people sorely lack.

Mike

Top Bottom