Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not a Fed.

Premium Member

Who shot the floor at Bass Pro/

Ok who wants to come clean? I was at Bass Pro yesterday and the guy working at the range showed me where some guy let a round off right in front of his counter. Made a real nice spot on the cement floor. Oh and it scared everybody in the store. My cousin works at the other end of the store on the ground level. She said it was LOUD
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.

Seriously?
    "We're all no one until some one thinks that we're some one"

Probably and employee lol. That happened at one of my previous places of emploment. Im so glad that I wasnt working that day.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

With 10s of millions of gun owners in the US, there are bound to be a few who turn off their brain when they pick up a gun, and YouTube seems to disproportionally document their stupidity. Just calling a negligent discharge an accidental discharge doesn't mean someone didn't do something really stupid.

There are stupid outliers in every population.
    - A driver's license doesn't mean a driver won't text and drive off a mountain.
    - A college degree does not confer common sense (seems to be especially evident with engineering degrees ).
    - Exercising your 1st amendment right doesn't mean you won't say something wrong or stupid that you'll regret later (newscasters and politicians are good illustrations of this).
    - Just because you have the equipment and directions to deep fry a turkey doesn't mean you won't burn down your house when you set it up in your garage or kitchen.
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

GOOD whisky never lets you loose your place

I gotta say I love this line...." A college degree does not confer common sense (seems to be especially evident with engineering degrees"!!!! You must deal with them too.

Marksman

Gold Member
    In a cowpasture between Scott and Carencro
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
    With 10s of millions of gun owners in the US, there are bound to be a few who turn off their brain when they pick up a gun, and YouTube seems to disproportionally document their stupidity. Just calling a negligent discharge an accidental discharge doesn't mean someone didn't do something really stupid.

There are stupid outliers in every population.
    - A driver's license doesn't mean a driver won't text and drive off a mountain.
    - A college degree does not confer common sense (seems to be especially evident with engineering degrees ).
    - Exercising your 1st amendment right doesn't mean you won't say something wrong or stupid that you'll regret later (newscasters and politicians are good illustrations of this).
    - Just because you have the equipment and directions to deep fry a turkey doesn't mean you won't burn down your house when you set it up in your garage or kitchen.
    We have a thread winner already!!!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS351 View Post
    I gotta say I love this line...." A college degree does not confer common sense (seems to be especially evident with engineering degrees"!!!! You must deal with them too.

Marksman

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie12 View Post
    Ok who wants to come clean? I was at Bass Pro yesterday and the guy working at the range showed me where some guy let a round off right in front of his counter. Made a real nice spot on the cement floor. Oh and it scared everybody in the store. My cousin works at the other end of the store on the ground level. She said it was LOUD
    Probably it was Austin that did it before he left for New York. Or, maybe shortly after he got back down south if even he has returned yet.
    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning!"

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!"

happened to me with gun loaded. demonstrate single action safety, but it was double action. I killed a cutting board on wall

Not a Fed.

Premium Member
    I heard it was a old guy that comes there a lot. Said he gets a buggy puts a US flag and Rebel flag on it and puts his guns in it. Wears flipflops and rolled up pants. I would like to hear more about that
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    who vote for a living.

I am a old guy but don't put that on me
    Wingate

I shoot for free there but only go about once a month. I guess I'll have to go by there tomorrow just to have a look at the floor.

We had a guy here at FRC smoke the floor at about 5 yards with a 50 AE. He got scared and looked away and just blasted the floor. Idiot.

On Target

Premium Member

This is one of the reasons I pick and choose which gun stores I go in, and that almost never includes big box stores. There are *far* too many people that wax poetic about how good they are with guns (because they shot a rifle with grandpa thirty years ago), and yet they'll muzzle sweep the room with their finger on the trigger.

Mike
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS351 View Post
    I agree. To me, a college degree means NOTHING. Just about anyone can read a book and pass a test.The Older I get, the more I realize, common sense isn't really so common.

Oh, and the college degree thing.... I love being a mechanic because:
    Mechanic = Using a high school diploma to fix the shit, your engineering degree couldn't get right the first time.
    I

Now now lets not be too harsh on them. There are many engineers out there who are very practical and get their hands dirty like the rest of us. They have their place in this world but the problem with some of them, especially in the petrochemical business is they sometimes don't want to listen to the people who run the plants-technicians, operators, mechanics (trade people) and such. These people run the places and know the machinery and hardware like the back of their hand. That is where I have problems...In the automotive world, when I was in the repair business years ago, I would have loved to punch an engineer to designing such crap to start with and then making it damn near impossible to work on the car. Anyway engineers have their place in the world and as they mature and move along in their careers they respect the people that actually run things a lot more. Some of my best friends are engineers and my sister is married to one at NASA and he is very down to earth about things..

On Target

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    I agree. To me, a college degree means NOTHING. Just about anyone can read a book and pass a test.The Older I get, the more I realize, common sense isn't really so common.

Oh, and the college degree thing.... I love being a mechanic because:
    Mechanic = Using a high school diploma to fix the shit, your engineering degree couldn't get right the first time.
    I
    One of my biggest regrets from high school is that I didn't immediately learn a trade. There was a stigma then (as there still is) that learning a trade was somehow "less" than going to college and finding a white collar job. As it happened, a lot of the kids that went into trades are making more money than their white collar peers. It turns out that plumbers and car mechanics can, and do make excellent livings.

That said, I have two degrees and an appreciation for what college offers. And while I have plenty of beefs with universities, I do appreciate that they teach (or attempt to teach) things that go far beyond reading a book and testing on the contents. A lot of what college teaches is about how to think critically, how to synthesize large volumes of information and distill it into cogent points, etc. These are skills that many people sorely lack.

Mike
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman
    You know it didn't happen without pics!!! Here ya go lol, I'm up here doing a chp renewed.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	72291  

Not a Fed.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    You know it didn't happen without pics!!! Here ya go lol, I'm up here doing a chp renewed.....
    That's it.
    who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    Probably and employee lol.
    Why blame an employee without any information whatsoever?