A Range Story

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    At a public firing range, sighting in an AR15 in M16A2 configuration with irons at 100yards. Guy shows up with his wife and two young children (probably 3-7 years of age) and sits down one bench next to mine while his wife starts playing on her phone (the whole range was practically open). The guy takes out an AR10 with a EOtech mounted on it. He puts a target out at 25 yards and starts firing. All the while, his children are wandering around, several times starting to walk out past the firing line before the mom comes from 6 lanes away to try to stop them (they were past the firing line by the time she got there). I cease fire until the next cold range so I can retrieve my target and leave. As I'm walking out to retrieve it, the guy has his children out at 25yards and he is explaining how great his groups are and how an AR10 is a real man's gun. His child asks him "why aren't you shooting at the far one?" To which he replies, "naw you need a scope to shoot that far!". I cut my range time short and moved on to the pistol range to avoid the utter stupidity/ignorance that was at the rifle range that day. You can't make this stuff up!

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    As "KID" I was shot at an indoor range by a man who was shooting a cap and ball revolver inside.............................

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    You gave up too soon, I'm not going to drive for 45 minutes just to have to babysit one dickweed and his ol'lady.

Every time the kids got to close to the firing line I would have shut it down and yelled at them to watch their kids.

Yeah but last thing I wanted to do is upset some low IQ d bag with a loaded rifle. I would rather just walk away than risk getting shot at for insulting him in front of his woman.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Yeah but last thing I wanted to do is upset some low IQ d bag with a loaded rifle. I would rather just walk away than risk getting shot at for insulting him in front of his woman.

Just move further than 25 yards away before you **** him off.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Lol, got a good laugh out of that one....

"Just move 25yards away from them before you **** him off"
    "Ol 25 yard sniper"

Lol I needed that

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    So I take it this range had no RO? The range I go to, the ROs would have made them leave, or should have.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Lol deff no Ro's at Sherburne... It's a very nice range minus the blast baffles... Just gotta treat it like a third world country.... Gotta watch your back
    So I take it this range had no RO? The range I go to, the ROs would have made them leave, or should have.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I saw a guy there start shooting at 100yd target while a another guy was down putting up a 100yd target. I hollered at him to stop and he cursed me. Everyone left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I saw a guy there start shooting at 100yd target while a another guy was down putting up a 100yd target. I hollered at him to stop and he cursed me. Everyone left.

Yeah it's definitely an experience. I am looking for a new private range here in Texas, looking forward to having a better range experience.

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson

That's why I try to go to sherburne during the week if at all possible , cuts down on the derp.

Last edited:

twentynine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ascension parish
    Stories like this is what keeps me from going to a public range.

I have a little bit of property, so I have been able to set up a 200 yard range with backstops. Because I have neighbors and the parish is not as rural as it once was I limit my shooting. I fully expect the next door tract of land to be developed sooner than later, so my shooting will be stopped at that time.

Top Bottom