New to forums

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbrooks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    Denham Springs
    Looking at purchasing a firearm and one of my co-workers is a member here as I have heard him talk about the forums before. I am a Marine (no longer active) I served from 93' to 97'. Boot camp at Parris Island, MCT at Camp Geiger in Jacksonville, NC. 3521 (Motor-T mech school) at Camp Johnson, Jacksonville, NC. Then stationed at Lejeune in Jacksonville, NC for the remainder of my enlistment (yay for being so understaffed on mechanics).

I have never personally owned a firearm, due to growing up in Upstate NY and having so many people from NYC come up during hunting season that shot at everything that moved without verifying what it was first, I never got in to hunting. Never felt like I needed a firearm for home protection as I always felt that once they enter my home, I have the advantage of knowing my surroundings when they didn't, even more so in the dark. As I have gotten older I have come to admit that I am not 21 anymore and a prolonged physical fight with a younger, faster, assailant is a poor decision. So I have decided to look into purchasing a firearm and obtaining my CC permit.

I have numerous avid firearm owners as co-workers, including current or previous LEOs. They have been a huge help when I have had questions in regards to reliability, price, conceal ability etc. So I figure joining a forum as well would help me further in regards to useful practices to remain proficient with the firearm that I choose, places to practice, etc.

I look forward to hearing ideas and input from people more knowledgeable than I in regards to handguns, too bad I can't CC an AR or M-16 A2, as I am proficient with those.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Thank you for your service to this country & Welcome to Bayou Shooter.

Beauxdog

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom