Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45
    BSGA

User Info Menu

Original HK91's and P7M13. Can't hardly find one, much less buy one.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Firearms made in Germany or Switzerland have also commanded more in the collector's market. Also anything with Colt on it seems to do well in the collector's market. Firearms that made specifically to be collectible as their shtick don't always seem to command a higher value than their normally made counterparts.

Dave
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

A few people scoffed at me when I bought the H&K P7 M10 when it hit the shelves. .40 S&W was the new round and I was on a buying spree. Bought a couple USP’s as well.
    That squeeze cocker went up in value by over 1000%. Crazy but true. They just didn’t make very many and they never caught on, I think due to the big ass clunky slide and the weight. Mine has an astounding 25 rounds down the pipe. I’m really not sure why I bought it except my buddy at the time led me to a good deal on a new one.
    Had no idea of the increase in value til a local gunsmith saw mine and told me I should go put it up.
    Hindsight, anything that sees a short production run will generally go up in value within your time frame. I could prolly name half a dozen that fall into that category.
    Just look at that Calico. Ugly space gun crazy plastic chunk of .22 rifle. They don’t necessarily have to be high quality colt pistols to be a good investment.
    Last edited by Magdump; July 24th, 2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

AK-47’s all day long. Especially the long gone sanctioned imported rifles. (Chinese , and Russians).

SVD dragonuv’s

early Russian Type 1, 2, 3 milled

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Purdey's, Korth's... not that I have any!

what about guns that were suddenly reclassified? Street sweepers and Spas-12's.

I know someone with a glock collection- every color of every model made, etc. Not sure it's worth more than typical glocks....what say you?
    "Be water, my friend..."

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hudson H9 and HK P7

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Bought this in ‘93 from Jim’s Firearms (when he was in the little shop the other side of Seigen). I paid just over $250. Bought a few extra mags and some +1 mags, can’t find those anymore. I saw one for sale here this year for $500 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch