What modern day firearms would you consider collectable?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Firearms made in Germany or Switzerland have also commanded more in the collector's market. Also anything with Colt on it seems to do well in the collector's market. Firearms that made specifically to be collectible as their shtick don't always seem to command a higher value than their normally made counterparts.

Dave

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    A few people scoffed at me when I bought the H&K P7 M10 when it hit the shelves. .40 S&W was the new round and I was on a buying spree. Bought a couple USP’s as well.
    That squeeze cocker went up in value by over 1000%. Crazy but true. They just didn’t make very many and they never caught on, I think due to the big ass clunky slide and the weight. Mine has an astounding 25 rounds down the pipe. I’m really not sure why I bought it except my buddy at the time led me to a good deal on a new one.
    Had no idea of the increase in value til a local gunsmith saw mine and told me I should go put it up.
    Hindsight, anything that sees a short production run will generally go up in value within your time frame. I could prolly name half a dozen that fall into that category.
    Just look at that Calico. Ugly space gun crazy plastic chunk of .22 rifle. They don’t necessarily have to be high quality colt pistols to be a good investment.

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    AK-47’s all day long. Especially the long gone sanctioned imported rifles. (Chinese , and Russians).

SVD dragonuv’s

early Russian Type 1, 2, 3 milled

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Purdey's, Korth's... not that I have any!

what about guns that were suddenly reclassified? Street sweepers and Spas-12's.

I know someone with a glock collection- every color of every model made, etc. Not sure it's worth more than typical glocks....what say you?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Bought this in ‘93 from Jim’s Firearms (when he was in the little shop the other side of Seigen). I paid just over $250. Bought a few extra mags and some +1 mags, can’t find those anymore. I saw one for sale here this year for $500 I think.
    31b55ce679f31609f8f2a538efbe7918.jpg

c1efc6aaff9f49f94dcc4efbdac607f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom