So I picked up a pocket carry this morning

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I found and picked up a little Taurus PT738 this morning. Every review I can find online says nothing but praise and awesome things about it. Any of you guys actually have/carry one that can give me actual thoughts about it? For what its worth, I paid $120 for it...

SigSour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2017
    Baton Rouge
    I received one as a gift years ago. In order to get it to feed ball ammo I had to polish the ramp and run about 100 rounds through it. Hollow points are out of the question. I kept mine extremely clean and well lubed and it malfunctioned every other magazine or so. If you limp wrist in the slightest manner it will not eject. Fire too fast and it won't eject. I gave mine away and bought an LCP 2. Hopefully you have a better experience than I did.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Shoot it a bunch and see what works for you. If you are comfortable enough to bet your life on it, carry it. I like my LCP (with trigger job) and I love my LCP2.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Getting a Taurus for $120 means you paid $100 too much for a Taurus. But, to each his own. I pocket carry myself. But I pocket carry real firearms. In all seriousness though, I hope it works well for you. If so, that's a great deal.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Everyone calm down! I was only making a joke and throwing a low blow at Taurus! Geez! Haha! But, for the record, my pocket carry firearms are two Sigs (P238 & P938) and a Smith & Wesson 442.

KDerekT83, I wasn't making fun of you or REALLY ragging on your purchase. I was just being silly. That actually really does sound like a great price.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Everyone calm down! I was only making a joke and throwing a low blow at Taurus! Geez! Haha! But, for the record, my pocket carry firearms are two Sigs (P238 & P938) and a Smith & Wesson 442.

I wasn't ragging you, I really wanted to know. I like the P238, but the sights snag coming out of my pocket holster more times than not, so I don't carry it much. I assume the 938 would do the same. That's another thing I like about the LCRs, they slide out like butter! (That's what she said!)

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I wasn't ragging you, I really wanted to know. I like the P238, but the sights snag coming out of my pocket holster more times than not, so I don't carry it much. I assume the 938 would do the same. That's another thing I like about the LCRs, they slide out like butter! (That's what she said!)

Ha! That's totally what she said! I actually have no problems with the sights snagging on either Sig when I pocket carry. I do back pocket mostly, and occasionally front pocket if the day or event calls for it. Front or back pocket for you? Sounds like maybe it's a holster issue? I have tried multiple types and styles, but for me I find the DeSantis Nemesis to be perfect. And I've tried MUCH more expensive pocket holsters, only to always fall back to the Nemesis. Never had a snag issue with it.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

KDerekT83, I wasn't making fun of you or REALLY ragging on your purchase. I was just being silly. That actually really does sound like a great price.

I caught on to it. about halfway through I was grinning.... I'll shall see. I picked up some FMJ and some Federal Hydrashocks today. I'll go this weekend and see how it does with both.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I caught on to it. about halfway through I was grinning.... I'll shall see. I picked up some FMJ and some Federal Hydrashocks today. I'll go this weekend and see how it does with both.

Word. Keep us posted. I still love those Hydra-Shoks! Been using them as my defensive ammo for years. Although, recently I've switched mostly to Hornady Critical Defense. Anyway, good luck. I hope this steal you got pays off for you.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I'll definately report back. I will say, I loaded a mag a few minutes ago. And ran the gun through it. Just racking rounds its was jamming. I broke out the dremel and sanding barrels and did a little work on the feed ramp. Now its feeding fine manually. Hopefully it does fine when I go fire it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Polizzi
    Top Bottom