7x57 FN49 thread pattern?? Suppressable?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I am looking at purchasing a FN49. Its in great shape and has a threaded barrel with a flash hider. Its chambered for 7x57 mauser. What is the thread pitch? Upon my research I have found that the 8mm models are 15x1. Does the 7x57 mauser share the same thread pitch.

The reason behind my post...I want to put my omega on this thing. It is possible?

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I am looking at purchasing a FN49. Its in great shape and has a threaded barrel with a flash hider. Its chambered for 7x57 mauser. What is the thread pitch? Upon my research I have found that the 8mm models are 15x1. Does the 7x57 mauser share the same thread pitch.

The reason behind my post...I want to put my omega on this thing. It is possible?

fn49s are really cool. I've not come across a 30-06 variant that someone wasnt asking a first born child in trade.

The gas system is really really similar to an FAL. This means that ejection will be strong unsuppressed, and you may run the risk of tearing case rims if it is a high back pressure can. I'd hesitate to dick around with the gas system on those.

It wont ever be quiet, but it would be neat if you had a period correct looking can to throw on it.

It's doable. but the real question is.. is it worth it?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    fn49s are really cool. I've not come across a 30-06 variant that someone wasnt asking a first born child in trade.

The gas system is really really similar to an FAL. This means that ejection will be strong unsuppressed, and you may run the risk of tearing case rims if it is a high back pressure can. I'd hesitate to dick around with the gas system on those.

It wont ever be quiet, but it would be neat if you had a period correct looking can to throw on it.

It's doable. but the real question is.. is it worth it?

Yea Ill only be picking it up if I can get it for a very fair price. Looks simple enough of an adjustment system to where I could open it up all the way as to not over gas it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom