Snake Chaps

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Snake chaps, does anyone use them and if so can you recommend a decent set that works well, comfortable to wear, and reasonably priced? Recommendations and opinions of different brands, materials and such welcommed. Thanks!

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    I've only used them once. Chevron furnished them while I was on a project for them in California. I don't know what brand they were but they were made out of pretty thick leather if I remember correctly.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    What, what, what? No one uses them or has used them and has no experiences or recommendations for them? :confused:[/QUOTE
    I have have a pair and have used them once. They are heavy, hot, and no better than boots. (Hot - and you need them when it is already hot out there.) The protective part only goes up to about boot height and while the material above that does help with brush it isn't snake proof. Plus your shoes or boots are not protecting your foot.
    Recommendation is get snake boots.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Snake boots here too. After trying on several pair went with Irish Setter. Expensive, but comfortable and well constructed. The thing I don't like is my snake boots go so high up (really a good thing though) and are so thick that I'm limited on the hunting pants I can wear with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Like anything else it's a trade between comfort and total protection. I bought Crackshot Snake Guardz. Decent reviews and comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom