Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger what's the difference?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • . 455acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2017
    Monroe Louisiana
    I am looking at shotguns and see Beretta owns Benelli, Stoeger and Franchi marketing all three at several different price levels. Does anyone have insight into the differences?

I'm looking for a good field gun and owned a Benelli once long ago. Any advice much appreciated.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    field gun as in dove, squirrel ? or duck? I think of it as like a chevy/cadilac, Honda/acura, nissian/infinity, ect... they are all nice guns, its just how many extra features are you looking to get and are you looking for a more "quality" parts...

for example I have a beretta a400 extreme, rem 11-87, rem 870

the beretta at a price point of around $1500 shoots 2.75-3.5...is very light.. cycles anything I can feed it, also every part on it is chrome moly for corrosion for duck hunting is salt water(I really only clean this gun 2 times a year). has a much more advanced kick off se3 gas system which is the lightest kicking 12 gauge I have ever owned, which makes flyby shoots standing in a pirogue very easy...

the Remington 1187 price point is around $600 and is a 2.75-3" and is a good bit heavier than the beretta, the recoil is a lot more than the beretta, but deff not bad.. cycles anything I can feed it. but after every duck hunting trip I better be oiling it down or it will start to rust, and its parkarized not even blued...but other than that its a great gun at that price point

and of course the 870 at around $350... eats anything, still requires the attention for rust prevention ect, pretty light, kicks a lot more.. but hey its a pump, some people love them, I just prefer a semi, this pump usually goes with me on dove/squirrel hunts sometimes, but to be honest the other 2 feel the void and this one usually stays warm in the safe lol

also I have shoot a buddys benelli sbe2, and it shot great, pointed great, was very fast also. but I will say with the inertia driven system there was a noticeable amount of more recoil vs the beretta a400.. which is with every gun in that situation. Ex. benelli is inertia which is like piston driven gun, always have a little harder recoil and a little more of a pop, and beretta is a s3 gas recoil system, usually less recoil and a much smoother recoil, less of the pop

Last edited:
    Top Bottom