Truck price

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I have had more than a few people tell me to buy a new truck in Houston, the prices are a lot cheaper. How can a dealer in Houston be a couple grand cheaper than a dealer in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, or Houma?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It's volume and competition. A city of 6 million people will sell more cars, and multiple dealerships of the same brand will drive competition.

When I bought my escalade the dealer in metairie wouldn't take off more than 2k. I ended up buying the same model in Houston for 13k off. Both were brand new.

Same thing with Infiniti. The dealer in metairie actually marked up the car since it was the first model year and selling well. Went to Houston and got 3k off.

They have more dealers and more competition.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    They sell more trucks in Texas.

Years ago I went to Houston to buy a truck because they had more trucks and better prices. Cheaper for me to drive over and get it than it was to buy one here.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Certain dealers will pick you up from the airport if you confirm the deal over the phone. 70 dollar ticket from southwest is cheaper than time/gas for me, and I just drive the new car home. Have siblings in Houston so I usually make a weekend of it. Bought 3 cars from over there already and looking for another one at their dealerships.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I've bought several vehicles from Gateway Ford in Ponchatoula. Always great prices and service.

jjb518

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Gramercy, LA
    It's volume and competition. A city of 6 million people will sell more cars, and multiple dealerships of the same brand will drive competition.

When I bought my escalade the dealer in metairie wouldn't take off more than 2k. I ended up buying the same model in Houston for 13k off. Both were brand new.

Same thing with Infiniti. The dealer in metairie actually marked up the car since it was the first model year and selling well. Went to Houston and got 3k off.

They have more dealers and more competition.

how dare you speak truths of our capitalist society and how it functions better for the people

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have had both lamarque and courtesy ford match Houston pricing, and bohn was within $500. That is with multiple vehicles over the last 4 years. All 3 of them beat the trade in prices the dealers in Houston were offering so it was a better deal to stay local to LA dealers. You should not have to go to Houston, just use those dealers pricing as a negotiating point.

I had the same experience with my wife's last car. I got ray Brandt infinity to match prices I found in Houston.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Years ago by buddy wanted a wrecker {roll back} He got the best price internet. Place was in Valley Fordge? Ohio
    We drove up there in a car, on Sunday. Monday put the car on it and drove back
    I have talked with others who have taken planes. like mentioned above

Last edited:

Dmvu

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    New Orleans, LA.
    My family always buys cars out of state whether used or new. Louisiana has very high car prices compared to other states. If you're willing to fly and drive back home, you would be saving thousands. I guess there is a correlation with some states having lower car prices and higher population. IE Texas and California for sure

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I just bought my new truck from a small dealer in central Alabama. In fairness, it was an oddball configuration that he was stuck with, and it was exactly what I wanted. He even beat the giant dealers in Texas and Ohio.

It definitely pays to call around.

Mike

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have had both lamarque and courtesy ford match Houston pricing, and bohn was within $500. That is with multiple vehicles over the last 4 years. All 3 of them beat the trade in prices the dealers in Houston were offering so it was a better deal to stay local to LA dealers. You should not have to go to Houston, just use those dealers pricing as a negotiating point.

I had the same experience with my wife's last car. I got ray Brandt infinity to match prices I found in Houston.

Infiniti didn't care what I had to say about the out of town prices I was quoted (though this was on a 1st model year of a car so it was still "hot"). And the 1500 dollar mark up for "paint protection" really pissed me off. Asked what it was, he said it was a wax, and I told him I don't want it, and he told me its already done on all the cars.

With the chevy, ford, toyota, and honda dealers, They can probably price match. But places like Acura, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, and Infiniti, it's better to buy in a big city like Houston or Dallas where there's multiple dealers. Over here we only have 1 of each.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom