Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

How about something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ,'';=====-
    !

User Info Menu

Last edited by Skipr; August 16th, 2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: link didn't work

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skipr View Post
    Yes...That's where I learned about the Scorpion carrier. He's got some good info and a dry sense of humor.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

safariland model 74: I like it. If I didn't use the safariland open top 3 mag carrier, this would be on the short list.

dsg magazine holder: I have a DSG holster for a glock 42 and am pleased with it. The largest clip I could find is 1.75", a little too small for the belt.

comp-tac: uses tek-lok or fits up to a 1.75" belt.

The main issue I've come across is my unique requirements. They eliminate a number of good possibilities. I may end up going with something custom. Before I do that, I need to figure out the attachment method to build the carriers around. I think that's the main problem spot.

Don't tase me bro!

User Info Menu

I have a itw fastmag, which I've had for 5 years and love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

What do you believe in?
    I believe in Ammunition.......

RIP USA, HELLO USSA

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    The main issue I've come across is my unique requirements. They eliminate a number of good possibilities. I may end up going with something custom. Before I do that, I need to figure out the attachment method to build the carriers around. I think that's the main problem spot.
    How about something like this to build around?

http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...loader-frames/

Not sure of the dress requirements but this holder with the above clip should hold up great.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...gi-rifle-taco/
    Last edited by bigtattoo79; August 17th, 2017 at 06:56 AM.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigtattoo79 View Post
    How about like this to build around?

http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...loader-frames/

Not sure of the dress requirements but this holder with the above clip should hold up great.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...gi-rifle-taco/
    I can't come up with a truly valid reason but I'm not a fan of the Taco. Maybe it's the trademarked name that seems to have to have TM or C or quotes almost every time it's printed. But the mounting system initially seemed like it could work with the esstac although the reviews on clip are not good. Granted, the negative reviews are mostly specific to the person rather than the product. One looks like he didn't adjust the belt clip from the 2" setting and wondered why it did not fit snug. Another thinks it should come with the backing. And the other negative talked about the play in the system, perhaps a similar issue to the first complaint. What I find interesting is the pictures for the clip show it mounted on a taco with some sort of backing and the description for the clip mentions two, three, four, and five finger frames. From the description and the picture, those frames seem to work with molle pouches. But those frames are not easily found on their website, making the clip useless in the context of attaching a taco to a belt.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I can't come up with a truly valid reason but I'm not a fan of the Taco. Maybe it's the trademarked name that seems to have to have TM or C or quotes almost every time it's printed. But the mounting system initially seemed like it could work with the esstac although the reviews on clip are not good. Granted, the negative reviews are mostly specific to the person rather than the product. One looks like he didn't adjust the belt clip from the 2" setting and wondered why it did not fit snug. Another thinks it should come with the backing. And the other negative talked about the play in the system, perhaps a similar issue to the first complaint. What I find interesting is the pictures for the clip show it mounted on a taco with some sort of backing and the description for the clip mentions two, three, four, and five finger frames. From the description and the picture, those frames seem to work with molle pouches. But those frames are not easily found on their website, making the clip useless in the context of attaching a taco to a belt.
    I've used those clips mounted to a kydex carrier before and it was rock solid.

Using those clips on something soft like the Taco pouch may reduce the performance of the clip not sure. I'm not a fan of the Tacos myself but people I know say they work great.
    Last edited by bigtattoo79; August 17th, 2017 at 07:24 AM.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigtattoo79 View Post
    I've used those clips mounted to a kydex carrier before and it was rock solid.

Using those clips on something soft like the Taco pouch may reduce the performance of the clip not sure. I'm not a fan of the Tacos myself but people I know say they work great.
    But even if I wanted to use the clip on the kywi or other molle pouch, I can't. The clips attach to an item that I can't seem to find as being sold anywhere.

I was obviously searching while I was typing and I did find it for sale.
    http://www.evike.com/products/67024/
    Evike seems to be an airsoft site. And the belt loops are riveted to the frame.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

So I picked up the Scorpion with a Blackhawk attachment. I made an initial impression post in the Holster section.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...ic-heavy-post)