Conceal Carry at NOLA Airport question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    As far as I know, as long as you don't go past security you're fine.

That's the way it was the last time I was there but that was over a year ago. I'm just taking my girlfriend there to send her to Chicago. I'll just be in the lobby area not security.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    If you're not passing through a metal detector, what's the actual question?

Well probably since I've had one for about 20 years I don't carry where it's not legal. Not going to start now.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Well probably since I've had one for about 20 years I don't carry where it's not legal. Not going to start now.

Its not legal to bring a firearm into Federal buildings, schools, Courthouses, any establishment with a Class A Liquor License, etc. Just because a facility or business posts "No Weapons" does NOT mean it is illegal to conceal-Carry inside. The whole point in CONCEALED-Carry is just that...

con·cealed
    kənˈsēld
    adjective
    kept secret; hidden

Just saying. I understand your point... however, I think you're putting a lot more mustard on the sandwich than there needs to be. Unless you just like mustard.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Its not legal to bring a firearm into Federal buildings, schools, Courthouses, any establishment with a Class A Liquor License, etc. Just because a facility or business posts "No Weapons" does NOT mean it is illegal to conceal-Carry inside. The whole point in CONCEALED-Carry is just that...

Just saying. I understand your point... however, I think you're putting a lot more mustard on the sandwich than there needs to be. Unless you just like mustard.

I know the CHP laws very well and have for years. I just wanted to know if there were any changes at that airport since the last time I was there.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    http://lsp.org/handguns.html#prohibited

Here's the actual law from the URL above Charlie - hope this helps.
    • Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I made it. Took girlfriend to the airport sat and waited for her plane to leave and then I left. No problems. Have to go back Tues. to get her.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    +1

It was a good question. The Lafayette airport now has no firearm signs at the entrance doors.

So is it not legal now for some reason or did they just put up some feel good signs? How do you fly with your guns if you can't bring them in the building?

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    So is it not legal now for some reason or did they just put up some feel good signs? How do you fly with your guns if you can't bring them in the building?

Good question. I have not researched, and I don't remember any fine print with references to lawful carry or properly stowed.

I usually travel with my own ground transportation and a bag full of handguns.;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom