68-12

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Just an observation, earlier today I scrolled through the "recent posts" on my phone and couldn't believe how little content there was in the last 24 hours. I roughly counted 68-12 classified ads to discussion content. Is this the new norm ?
    I haven't spent much time here this year as my interests and money have shifted more towards blades as of late.
    To ask again of those who are here regularly, is this the new norm ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    But now you have started a new discussion so we can get into it more:D All we need is for FF to get into it
    Winngate

Why you wanting to put the blame on me? :confused: ;) Yeah I tend to be an "organic composter" at times, well to be honest, alot of times, so I guess it is fitting. :dogkeke:
    As to why, I guess some people are needing funds for one reason or another regardless if a medical bill, bills of some sort or another and lesser hours at work, loss of job, repairs needed to their home or vehicle. Myself, I just went through a total transmission replacement in my wife's vehicle that was no longer under warranty just a few weeks ago. The bill was just over $1,000. So yeah, I dont mind selling off a few things to try and replace that money.

Last edited:

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I was not trying put the blame on you just poking a little fun at you because I knew you were out there waiting for a reason to jump in.
    please don't take it to heart I like to get you going and if I ever go to your neck of the woods the suds are on me.
    Wingate

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I was not trying put the blame on you just poking a little fun at you because I knew you were out there waiting for a reason to jump in.
    please don't take it to heart I like to get you going and if I ever go to your neck of the woods the suds are on me.
    Wingate

I didnt take it to heart one bit. I knew you were doing it all in fun and I assure you I take no offense in it towards you at all. That is why I responded the way I did. I knew you were funning so I tried to fun back. As far as the suds go, you best come with a thick wallet! How about we just meet at Cablas and you can buy me a few things from there that I have been eyeing for awhile. You would definitely come out a whole lot cheaper! :rofl:

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    How about a buffalo burger at Cabela's that definitely would be cheaper on me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I'm 10 minutes from Cabela's anytime you are in neighborhood give me a holler

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just an observation, earlier today I scrolled through the "recent posts" on my phone and couldn't believe how little content there was in the last 24 hours. I roughly counted 68-12 classified ads to discussion content. Is this the new norm ?
    I haven't spent much time here this year as my interests and money have shifted more towards blades as of late.
    To ask again of those who are here regularly, is this the new norm ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were there 68 classified ads or 68 new ones? I've gotten into the habit of clicking on new posts and looking at the number of replies before looking at an ad. If there's more than 1 reply, I usually skip it. There's a reason the thing isn't selling and that reason is usually the price. Most of them seem to be bumping their overpriced item to the top of the list where it won't sell. Thankfully most people only bump their ad once a week or so. Although I did recently see a once a day ad.

While I'm on the subject, I'll add my 2 cents about ads even though I was never actually asked. Unless someone is a dealer, they are selling used stuff. As such, there should be a compelling reason why an item should be listed for more than 80% of the retail price. Let's take, for example, an Anderson stripped lower. $50 at Primary Arms. $50 at Brownells. Why would I pay $60+ through here? "FFL transfer fees." Ok, $50 at Cabela's. $45 at Optimum Outfitters in Mandeville. (Great store, I use to buy lowers 3 at a time from there.)

And I know how to lower that ratio. You can list your item and you get one "free" bump. After that, all bumps must contain a price drop of at least 10% of the originally asked for price. That would drop the prices to a reasonable level pretty quickly.

I'm sure there will be people who disagree with my opinion and that's fine. But when someone bumps their ad 8 or 10 or 12 times begging people to make them an offer, there's an issue. And it's likely a potential buyer doesn't bother making a reasonable offer that would be considered lowball based on the asking price.

Ok...off my soapbox for now.

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Were there 68 classified ads or 68 new ones? I've gotten into the habit of clicking on new posts and looking at the number of replies before looking at an ad. If there's more than 1 reply, I usually skip it. There's a reason the thing isn't selling and that reason is usually the price. Most of them seem to be bumping their overpriced item to the top of the list where it won't sell. Thankfully most people only bump their ad once a week or so. Although I did recently see a once a day ad.

While I'm on the subject, I'll add my 2 cents about ads even though I was never actually asked. Unless someone is a dealer, they are selling used stuff. As such, there should be a compelling reason why an item should be listed for more than 80% of the retail price. Let's take, for example, an Anderson stripped lower. $50 at Primary Arms. $50 at Brownells. Why would I pay $60+ through here? "FFL transfer fees." Ok, $50 at Cabela's. $45 at Optimum Outfitters in Mandeville. (Great store, I use to buy lowers 3 at a time from there.)

And I know how to lower that ratio. You can list your item and you get one "free" bump. After that, all bumps must contain a price drop of at least 10% of the originally asked for price. That would drop the prices to a reasonable level pretty quickly.

I'm sure there will be people who disagree with my opinion and that's fine. But when someone bumps their ad 8 or 10 or 12 times begging people to make them an offer, there's an issue. And it's likely a potential buyer doesn't bother making a reasonable offer that would be considered lowball based on the asking price.

Ok...off my soapbox for now.

What are you willing to sell your soapbox for? Post it up with a price, pics and I may just buy it, then again I may just wait for you to bump it at a 10% discount and buy it then. :dogkeke:

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere
    I'm new here, and I'll put my two cents in on this comment. First, I'm glad to have a decent forum where firearms can discussed between men who enjoy this hobby. Talking about classifieds, I have an FFL with no storefront. I sell everything online. My experience with any type of classifieds is that there will always be individuals who don't understand how to price a firearm, and just throw it up there trying to get retail. I know that doesn't work. I'd imagine most here know that doesn't work. I guess it just kinda goes with any type of public forum, though I would think this forum may be a little better because there is a sign up process and it's monitored. Maybe it's our job to help them understand, maybe not. If no one makes an offer, they probably get the point.

I wanted to feel out the site before I started trying to sell stuff, so I'm just kinda trolling around reading posts and such. What do most people deem acceptable here for bumping an item for sale? I have armslist, gunbroker, and I post on sportsman. I update sportsman almost daily. I have some new items, some used. I don't sale junk, and I don't sell soapboxes, but I tend to get on one every once in a while myself! Lol

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    In my opinion a bump once a week is about right or a bump with a new price is good, but that is MY! opinion.
    Wingate junior fire starter

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    In my opinion a bump once a week is about right or a bump with a new price is good, but that is MY! opinion.
    Wingate junior fire starter

I have no problem with a 7 day wait time between bumps. Most forums I belong to require this or the latest post that does not follow the rule gets deleted. I bump mine here every day or so because it is allowed in the rules. To be honest, I would like to see at least a 3 day interval between bumps for items. Now, with all that said: BUMP! :mamoru:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I will say I don't buy as many guns or even look at most of the classifieds since the buffer zone closed. I haven't even done the improvements on my AR that I wanted to do. I miss having a good place to shoot.

Top Bottom