Eclispe 2017

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Guess none of you Ladies will be outside tomorrow due to da heat!

Attachments

• eclipse.jpg
      eclipse.jpg
      79.9 KB · Views: 131

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I guess it is a little too late to spread the word to the nitwits out there, that the eclipse signals the end of the world. Maybe a few might drink some Jim Jones cool-aid? :D

As soon as it gets dark, will the protesters start looting?

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    No way.

I'm not stepping foot outside of this bunker til GOSEP gives the all-clear. :nono:

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    I caught it about 3/4 of the way finished with my 80mm telescope and a Herschel wedge. Truly spectacular. There was a line of sun spots across the face of the sun to boot.
    (No, no jokes about "wedgies". If you don't know what it is, look it up.)

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    My son's stated goal is to be a "planetary scientist, with a focus on terraforming Mars." This was not the type of event we could bypass, so we shot on up to Huntsville Sunday to go to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, then Monday morning started North into TN, lovely drive with beautiful scenery (and found where we'd like to stay on a return visit to tour a special spot in Lynchburg, TN!) until we decided to stop at Rock Island State Park. No entry fee, ended up in a turn-off picnic area at a trailhead with bathrooms available, spent a couple hours in the shade, I hiked down the strenuous trail (not having planned specifically this destination in advance, my wife and son were both wearing sandals/flip-flops), got some lovely pics of some waterfalls, spread out a blanket and chairs amidst a small grouping of other viewers, and caught the full-cover view. Overall, well worth the driving distance and little money spent for such an occurrence. By the time a similar event happens nearby again, the childlike wonder won't be there with my son, so I'm glad we took the time, and the school doesn't even count the day's absence against him.

Top Bottom