CFE Pistol Loading.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Just picked up a pound of CFE Pistol and looking to work up some new load with this powder.
    As of now I will be only loading 9mm with this powder. Maybe try a few loads in 45 but not at this time.

Right now I'm using 4.1gr of Titegroup behind a 124gr RN Bayou Bullet and 124gr HBFP Berry Bullet with mixed head stamp brass in my 9mm 1911, G17, G43 and PCC Rifle. These have been very accurate loads for me in all 4 guns.
    I see more and more people switching to this powder and have not heard any negative report with this power and thought i'd pick up a pound and try some out for myself.

For the people that are using this powder, What are your favorite load with this powder?
    I will be loading some test load tonight using Hodgdon load data but would also like you input.

9mm Open
    I'm also looking to possible use this powder in open class also.
    Right now I'm using 8.2gr of HS6 behind a 124gr HBFP Berry Bullet, this put me at about a 170PF.
    Talking with other reloader's and what I have been reading, on average using CFE Pistol users, uses about 2gr less that of HS6.
    Working up from the low charge side everything will be run through a chronograph and inspected for pressure signs.

What are your starting loads for open with this powder? so I can find what works best for my pistol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom