Hello from Meraux

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pavlovscat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Meraux, LA
    Although I've been shooting a Walther PP .32 ACP for 15 yrs, I don't know much about other pistols, though I have learned that I'm not a fan of polymer frame pistols. Also, I'm a total rifle newbie. Hubby finally convinced me to step it up, so I bought a 9mm CZ 75 SP-01 for home defense and a Glock 26 which I can shoot well but am lukewarm to using. I do not care for the polymer muzzle flip. I also have a Bushmaster M4A2 Patrolman. One of the range guys said I would like it here for the discussions, so here I am, hoping to learn from others' experiences.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Although I've been shooting a Walther PP .32 ACP for 15 yrs, I don't know much about other pistols, though I have learned that I'm not a fan of polymer frame pistols. Also, I'm a total rifle newbie. Hubby finally convinced me to step it up, so I bought a 9mm CZ 75 SP-01 for home defense and a Glock 26 which I can shoot well but am lukewarm to using. I do not care for the polymer muzzle flip. I also have a Bushmaster M4A2 Patrolman. One of the range guys said I would like it here for the discussions, so here I am, hoping to learn from others' experiences.

Welcome!

which range referred you here?

pavlovscat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Meraux, LA
    Welcome to Bayou Shooter! Glad to have you here as you can learn alot and mingle with like minded people!

If no one calls me a nut job who just wants to shoot someone or asks why I need more than one gun, I won't know how to act. LOL

pavlovscat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Meraux, LA
    Psst... No need to pay range fees your right next to the lower 9th ward.

Oh, yes, I did just spit out my coffee. LMAO

Seriously, though, hubby works in NOLA. We never drive there unarmed. It's nice when there is a murder just 10 mins after hubs passes by.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. Just don't hang around to pick up your brass.

No kidding. LOL

pavlovscat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Meraux, LA
    Have you taken a CHP course yet?

Yes, I did. My hubby got his, but I can't get medical clearance. I have multiple sclerosis and, as is common with MS, clinical depression that progressed to bipolar. Ok, yeah, maybe, I'm legit crazy, but I'm stable with meds. My psychiatrist won't do the release because of possible legal issues should anything happen. He feels I'm perfectly capable, but he isn't willing to risk that, given proximity to NOLA, I might be attacked and need to defend myself. I understand his POV. Sucks for me, but I can still keep one in the car or open carry if I felt the need.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Welcome aboard from the Swamp
    Gonzales, LA USA
    Wingate
    PS there is never a thing called haveing too many guns just ask anyone on here that. :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Top Bottom