Hurricane Harvey

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Well as we all know (due to non stop media coverage) Hurricane Harvey wrecked the area around Corpus Christi, and the city of Houston has the worst flooding they ever had. The feds have called for anyone with a boat and truck able to go through water, and asked if they can call to help with the rescue efforts.

So I recently heard the "cajun navy" was headed to Houston to lend a helping hand. I don't know if any of you guys are going but if so, Thank you!

I have 3 sister's that live in Houston, Luckily they are all alright, one of which lives my the Galleria mall, but left to stay with one of the other sisters on higher ground.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    2348009_630x354.jpg

This is Houston Hobby Airport. Flights cancelled till Wednesday, and 800 people stuck INSIDE the airport.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    For those of us in St Bernard during Katrina, this is all too familiar. Reminds me of St. Rita's.

F7462A94-A9D9-4443-932F-F3E698BA5CE7-292293.JPG

That's the most disturbing thing I've seen in a while!
    I heard about the flooding at church this morning but have since been busy. It's hard to believe how bad it is.
    Thank you Cajun Navy.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    That's the most disturbing thing I've seen in a while!
    I heard about the flooding at church this morning but have since been busy. It's hard to believe how bad it is.
    Thank you Cajun Navy.

That picture (minus the caption) was actually taken by a Houston area assisted living facility owner. She sent it to her daughter, since they were told not to evacuate, and when the waters rose, they were told they could not get help out there. So the sent the pics in hopes of getting help, and sure enough people came to help. Sad the incompetent mayor pulled a Ray Nagin, and now 1000's of people will probably be shuttled to Dallas stadium.

Reason evacuation wasn't called was the mayor was scared of the traffic jam that would be caused by it.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Had a tornado pass 2miles from our residence about an hour ago. Was heading from the south/east to the north/west. Its path was mostly over farmland and damages it did are unknown at this time. Got the alert/warning about 15 minutes before it passed and sure enough the winds and rains increased heavily and then gradually subsided after is passing.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I got woke up this morning with a tornado alert. Had a house full of kids got them all up quick and in the area we have reinforced in the house and then turned on the news. Looks like we got lucky it started just north of us and went up through Elton and towards Oberlin. Hope any shooters in its path are okay.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I say frickem, them no good arsed biotches! The Cajun Navy should pull out and let the sorry arsed bitoches fend for themselves! What a messed up deal for some porch monkeys to mess up some help for those that really need the help! Maybe the heathens need to go to the alamo to wait for assitance there. We all know how that worked out so well so many, many, years ago dont we?

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Boat Jacked in Texas!!!

Who could have guessed that!

Its texas after all! They consider themselves privilaged over every one else. But yet in 1786 they got their arses handed to them in a handbasket at the alamo! I say pull out and let them fend for themselves and see how great and big they are! Better yet, just let the whole state of texas just succeed from the US or sink on off in the gulf of mexico.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Its texas after all! They consider themselves privilaged over every one else. But yet in 1786 they got their arses handed to them in a handbasket at the alamo! I say pull out and let them fend for themselves and see how great and big they are! Better yet, just let the whole state of texas just succeed from the US or sink on off in the gulf of mexico.

Don't much care for Texans do you? Just ask them why they are the in Louisiana working and not in Texas working?

Oh yeah, Their food sucks also!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Don't much care for Texans do you? Just ask them why they are the in Louisiana working and not in Texas working?

Oh yeah, Their food sucks also!

To be honest, no I dont. And I also have family and relatives that live there as well and they sure think their feces dont stink! And yes their food among other things sucks!

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    With all the bravado BS aside. I am on the most eastern part of TX and from one point in my AO I can through a rock and hit LA.

Went to LSU, but worked my career in TX. So I play both sides of the fence. I have been to Houma bringing the SO and PD assistance during storms and have benefited from people and LE in LA coming to assist us in storms. The Cajun Navy played a big part here lately assisting us in getting people out of the flooded areas. A bunch of fireman out of New Orleans just left today after spending the week helping rescues as well. A group called "The Cajun Gravy" is actually feeding first responders at the local EOC. I have seen the guys and girls with La Dept of Wildlife making a big footprint in the area along with FL Dept of Wildlife. I have worked closely with a group of Air Force PJ's who worked their tails off as part of their duty. The LA National Guard, TX National Guard are also instrumental in saving lives. I am sure I left a bunch of people/groups out, and for that I apologize. We are thankful for ALL of the assistance we have received, and I did not flood, or suffer any real damage at my home.

To a person, I think we assist others because we CARE for people in general. In doing that you have to realize that some don't appreciate anything but that is a minority and we sure don't want to ignore the calls of those who are in need just because some don't appreciate it as they should.

As I type this, the Sabine River has closed I-10 at the LA-TX border due to high water. We are not out of the woods yet, but we are working with our heads up!

Here are some pics along I-10 in the Western part of the County....thanks to dam releases up stream on the Neches River.
    http://kogt.com/news/pics-from-i-10-in-vidor/

So thanks for all who helped...even a little!! And when the time comes we are needed to help in LA, watch for us! We will be coming!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom