I just saw a Mak90 sporter going for $1600 @ LGS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Did the prices of these Ak"s really jump that high?..
    It was just a plain mak90 with the black synthetic thumbhole looking stock.
    I saw one forsale last year for $650 WTH..why did they all of a sudden jump so high in price?

eb937727d26ba971dcee98e7414c39d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Holy crap looks like I got 2 gold bars then!!!! I hope who ever buys that one wants 2-more, send them my way, I'll even throw in 20 pre ban "flat back" Chinese mags

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I know where you were and yes, they're used gun prices are outrageous. I've never asked if they would haggle though, but hard to haggle when it should tagged at half that.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I know where you were and yes, they're used gun prices are outrageous. I've never asked if they would haggle though, but hard to haggle when it should tagged at half that.
    They don't haggle... a couple of years ago I brought an AR pistol from them msrp $699 plus tax which was like $769 something like that... I was $10 short and they refused to let it slide...i had to drive 20mins back home to get the $10 and 20mins coming back ..

It was one of those they are pistols I think that were made by Diamondback which where pretty nice and I really wanted it. Other than that I would have said f it and just bought it online for 650.

Another time there was a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 which was price exactly $10 above MSRP. They refuse to haggle not even $5. They would have rather missed the sale which they did then give me a just a little off not that I cared I mean I had the money but I just wanted to see. I ended up going Academy Sports and Outdoors and getting it for the real MSRP price that same day..

I still go in there from time to time just to browse but their prices are still pretty high..

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Keep in mind most of the guns on that rack are consignment guns "prices set by a customer not the shop".
    If that's the case that's bad for business to allow the owners of these use guns to set whatever price they want... if a customer walks in they will for the most part automatically assume that that's the prices the store sets.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    They don't haggle... a couple of years ago I brought an AR pistol from them msrp $699 plus tax which was like $769 something like that... I was $10 short and they refused to let it slide...i had to drive 20mins back home to get the $10 and 20mins coming back ..

It was one of those they are pistols I think that were made by Diamondback which where pretty nice and I really wanted it. Other than that I would have said f it and just bought it online for 650.

Another time there was a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 which was price exactly $10 above MSRP. They refuse to haggle not even $5. They would have rather missed the sale which they did then give me a just a little off not that I cared I mean I had the money but I just wanted to see. I ended up going Academy Sports and Outdoors and getting it for the real MSRP price that same day..

I still go in there from time to time just to browse but their prices are still pretty high..

If you are short $10.00 while buying gas does the gas station drop the price to help you out?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If that's the case that's bad for business to allow the owners of these use guns to set whatever price they want... if a customer walks in they will for the most part automatically assume that that's the prices the store sets.

It's not hard to ask on used guns if they are consignment or store owned. It's kinda like searching the ads on bayoushooter just cause one ad is overpriced I'm not gonna avoid looking at other ads.

But I scored a few really underpriced guns on that rack. Should I have told them it was too cheap and offered more?

Edit to add: I have to look at how much that store has grown over the last 10years and assume the owner is running his business pretty good.

Last edited:

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It's not hard to ask on used guns if they are consignment or store owned. It's kinda like searching the ads on bayoushooter just cause one ad is overpriced I'm not gonna avoid looking at other ads.

But I scored a few really underpriced guns on that rack. Should I have told them it was too cheap and offered more?

Edit to add: I have to look at how much that store has grown over the last 10years and assume the owner is running his business pretty good.
    I was in there the other day for an hour browsing around because I was stuck due to all the rain outside. Absolutely nothing in that store was underpriced and I mean nothing I looked at every single piece in that stores show room and nothing was underpriced ..

If it wasn't MSRP then it was over MSRP..

Even a Glock gen 3 with a do it at home horrible stippling job was 550.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I was in there the other day for an hour browsing around because I was stuck due to all the rain outside. Absolutely nothing in that store was underpriced and I mean nothing I looked at every single piece in that stores show room and nothing was underpriced ..

If it wasn't MSRP then it was over MSRP..

Even a Glock gen 3 with a do it at home horrible stippling job was 550.

LOL I'm just saying I've scored some killer deals on used guns. And on new guns I have no problem paying MSRP I'm too impatient to shop around.

As far as the overpriced guns I just walk passed them and don't take it personally.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    LOL I'm just saying I've scored some killer deals on used guns. And on new guns I have no problem paying MSRP I'm too impatient to shop around.

As far as the overpriced guns I just walk passed them and don't take it personally.
    True..yea I'm the same way I'll pay Msrp, I'm also too impatient lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom