Glock Gen5 pistols in stock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Was hoping the FS would be a standard upgrade that all 5s would have...oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The ones on the rear do not work for you?

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I wonder who will have them in stock for the tax free weekend starting Friday.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    JBP...
    Yes my rear serrations work fine for my sling shot reloads...
    Would just like front serrations to assist with press checks.
    And looks like the deepened the rear ones for the 5s...
    A step in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Interstate told me they wouldn't know until the weekend. Various industry websites have said the release date is August 30. Kind of surprised me to see Grab A Gun offering them for sale today.

I was expecting to see them retail for more. I guess the price isn't too bad considering the going rate for a Gen4 online is $549.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I'm gonna wait till holster makers start producing gen5 holsters to buy one.
    Saw a video review that said most holsters would work with a sight adjustment. Don't remember the brands the guy showed though. I'll have to find the video again.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Saw a video review that said most holsters would work with a sight adjustment. Don't remember the brands the guy showed though. I'll have to find the video again.

Correct some will some won't. I'm pretty sure most of mine won't work "mostly" because of the ambi slide stop.

I also like to keep spare parts on hand and I'm sure those won't be readily available for sometime still.

I really like everything about the gen 5 and will move to them at some point but just not in a huge hurry to jump on it. I did the same thing when moving from the gen3 to the gen4 and by doing that I never delt with a single gen4 issue that some other people had.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    That's nice to hear they are already becoming available. I didn't expect to see them for a month at least. From what I saw most holsters will be compatible. The only thing that would be different is the ambi slide release so you may have to notch that out if it doesn't fit.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Correct some will some won't. I'm pretty sure most of mine won't work "mostly" because of the ambi slide stop.

I also like to keep spare parts on hand and I'm sure those won't be readily available for sometime still.

I really like everything about the gen 5 and will move to them at some point but just not in a huge hurry to jump on it. I did the same thing when moving from the gen3 to the gen4 and by doing that I never delt with a single gen4 issue that some other people had.

I'm just curious as to what the in store prices will be locally. I'll probably wait a while too for them to work the kinks out. I'm not much of an early adopter when it comes to new products. Maybe the price of the Gen4 pistols will drop some, but they probably won't. Seems like Glock is like Apple when it comes to controlling the pricing.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm just curious as to what the in store prices will be locally. I'll probably wait a while too for them to work the kinks out. I'm not much of an early adopter when it comes to new products. Maybe the price of the Gen4 pistols will drop some, but they probably won't. Seems like Glock is like Apple when it comes to controlling the pricing.

I just wish more of the part interchangeably would have stayed the same "but it may be for the better". I expect gen3 and gen4 used gun prices will drop a good bit because of people selling them off to get the gen5 "but I don't expect the new gun prices to change much".

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    SO now its not interchangeable grips,and its wider and bbl is shorter,no finger grooves.
    Makes absolutely no sense to do this.

I think it is a sad attempt to get new buyers ,considering they didn't get the military contract.
    I would imagine gen 3 and gen 4 will only go up now.I just don't see anyone wanting something
    that changed that drastically. Especially finger grooves,width,and less accurate due to shorter
    barrel.SAD!!!!

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    SO now its not interchangeable grips,and its wider and bbl is shorter,no finger grooves.

I think it is a sad attempt to get new buyers ,considering they didn't get the military contract.
    I would imagine gen 3 and gen 4 will only go up now.I just don't see anyone wanting something
    that changed that drastically. Especially finger grooves,width,and less accurate due to shorter
    barrel.SAD!!!!

When you say "no interchangeable grips" are you talking about the back straps like the gen4 Glocks? "If so I'm pretty sure the gen5 Glocks have them also".

The removal of the finger grooves is gonna make this gun sell like crazy "many people hate the finger grooves".

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

barrel.SAD!!!!

Do your homework.
    No finger grooves is an improvement for most shooters.
    Width of the pistol has not changed other than the dual slide stop.
    Barrel length is the same.
    The Gen 5 pistol is slightly more accurate and has a better trigger.
    Will be the best G19/G17 Glocks ever made.
    Many new improvements to the Gen 5 models not listed here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom