Any idea what's going on with Ferarra Firearms?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fallout

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm in the same boat with a pending suppressor through them. Got a Facebook message from Ferrara a few days ago; they said they're anticipating being open within the next week. Hope that comes through...

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I went by there new place behind Celebration Station last week. Spoke with Ashley in their new store. Half aquarium stuff half gun stuff. She said same thing to me. Hoping the best for everyone involved.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I went by there new place behind Celebration Station last week. Spoke with Ashley in their new store. Half aquarium stuff half gun stuff. She said same thing to me. Hoping the best for everyone involved.

Just a note I'm still using my holster everyday from you. For my G19

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I wouldn’t normally post in this thread. I make it a point to get along with other dealers and I know Nick and Ashley and I don’t have any problem with them. However, I do think it is crappy that they aren’t keeping people informed and I guarantee they have read every word on here.

Without commenting on Ferrara Firearms situation because I have no actual direct knowledge of their situation, let me generically explain the process in getting a FFL moved from one location to another.

You secure the new location. You fill out the app with the ATF. This app has to have a few attachments—namely the landlord approval and an occupational license for that business at the new location. You can submit the app without these things but it won’t be approved until they get all of them.

The occupational license for the new location can be withheld by the Parish/City for a variety of reasons. Those could include improper use for the zoning, not meeting code requirements, or something more specific to that company—say for instance they owed a ton of unremitted sales tax at their prior location. That’s just a random example but you get the picture that here are a lot of variables involved.

The ATF doesn’t generally talk to the Parish/City or the landlord, they talk to the license holder. And if the problem happens to be with one of those and the FFL is telling the ATF, “we are working it out, this will have the paperwork to you soon” then the ATF has no reason not to believe that’s true.

If you have your ducks in a row the change of location takes 30 days. Many FFLs will apply for a license at the new location prior to a move (the paperwork load is very similar to moving a license if you already have a license) that way the day they decide to move they move all the inventory from the old license to the new license and boom, they are in business. Then they either move or cancel the old license.

I hope this has shed some light on the process for you. I wish Nick and Ashley and their customers nothing but the best. It saddens me to see this level of communication because it ends up creating a level of distrust between the FFL and the customer that shouldn’t be there.

For anyone who has been delaying purchasing an NFA item because of situations like these, come by and talk to me. We are the highest volume NFA dealer in Louisiana by a large margin. We are a one stop shop and have thousands of satisfied customers. Your forms go in immediately. You get copies with your serial number. You will be happy. I promise.

And kudos to our friends at Interstate Guns for offering free transfers on Ferrara’s cans. E-form 3s take only a day or two so if you can get Ferrara to submit them you will be dealing with an outfit that can communicate. We are not a Silencer Shop dealer (it’s just not our model) but they are and should make finishing those transactions seamless. While you are there buy a scope from them to say thanks. They are one of the best in optics in the country.

I’m going to close by saying if you are thinking of calling texting emailing or DMing me for the “scoop” on Ferrara, don’t. I don’t have one. I know nothing. I just wanted to outline the process so people would have a clearer understanding of it.

Have a great day folks.

Best,
    Kenny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    For anyone who has been delaying purchasing an NFA item because of situations like these, come by and talk to me. We are the highest volume NFA dealer in Louisiana by a large margin. We are a one stop shop and have thousands of satisfied customers. Your forms go in immediately. You get copies with your serial number. You will be happy. I promise.

But honestly doesn't every vendor promise the customer they will be happy?

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    But honestly doesn't every vendor promise the customer they will be happy?

We aren't every vendor.

Meplat Group is a 150 sq. ft. showroom in the back of a law office with no sign out front and other than a few online ads, we do no advertising. We started five years ago and have grown to be---by a very large margin---the highest volume NFA dealer in the state. How does that happen?

We are completely in house from attorney drafted trusts, livescan pics and prints, document drafting and electronically signed documents. My lovely and talented wife drafts all of our NFA Forms and there are few people in the country who have done more. Our error rate is incredibly low and we get stuff out fast. We communicate. We offer 0% financing with approved credit. Our phone number is my cell phone.

Go to my website and check my bio. I'm not your average gun shop owner and we aren't your average gun shop. Just ask my customers.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    We aren't every vendor.

Meplat Group is a 150 sq. ft. showroom in the back of a law office with no sign out front and other than a few online ads, we do no advertising. We started five years ago and have grown to be---by a very large margin---the highest volume NFA dealer in the state. How does that happen?

We are completely in house from attorney drafted trusts, livescan pics and prints, document drafting and electronically signed documents. My lovely and talented wife drafts all of our NFA Forms and there are few people in the country who have done more. Our error rate is incredibly low and we get stuff out fast. We communicate. We offer 0% financing with approved credit. Our phone number is my cell phone.

Go to my website and check my bio. I'm not your average gun shop owner and we aren't your average gun shop. Just ask my customers.

Well honestly that explains why I couldn't find y'all's shop. A little over a year ago I texted you about some NFA stuff and just assumed you were busy and couldn't reply. But then I rode out there and couldn't find the shop and assumed y'all may not be open to the public and just doing mail order stuff.

Thanks for clearing that up.

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Yeah, we are deep cover. LOL.

Check us out on FB and IG. Just search meplatgroup. We have the coolest 150 sq. ft. anywhere. If you can't find us call or text me and an appointment is always recommended during the week.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Yeah, we are deep cover. LOL.

Check us out on FB and IG. Just search meplatgroup. We have the coolest 150 sq. ft. anywhere. If you can't find us call or text me and an appointment is always recommended during the week.

Sorry I don't use FB or IG. Feel free to text me back anytime.

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Sorry I don't use FB or IG. Feel free to text me back anytime.

I don’t think I have a text from you or if I do it got buried deeply. My apologies. Hit me again at 504-717-3377.

You weren’t by any chance in a big truck with a blonde girl driving maybe end of last week were you? I was pulling out of my lot and saw them turning around and looking all around very confused. I didn’t have time to stop and talk but I was hoping they would call.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I don’t think I have a text from you or if I do it got buried deeply. My apologies. Hit me again at 504-717-3377.

You weren’t by any chance in a big truck with a blonde girl driving maybe end of last week were you? I was pulling out of my lot and saw them turning around and looking all around very confused. I didn’t have time to stop and talk but I was hoping they would call.

I texted you on or around July 19, 2016 and asked if you were Kenny with Meplat "you replied YES". I informed you who I was and what the 1st couple NFA items were I was looking for and who referred me to you "he and most everyone I talk to speak highly about you". But to my surprise you never replied I thought you must have just been busy so the next time I went to my inlaws I looked for the shop and couldn't find it "now I realize I was in the parking of the law office".

My point is even the best vendors have communication issues sometimes. No hard feelings at all I realize you are very busy.

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I texted you on or around July 19, 2016 and asked if you were Kenny with Meplat "you replied YES". I informed you who I was and what the 1st couple NFA items were I was looking for and who referred me to you "he and most everyone I talk to speak highly about you". But to my surprise you never replied I thought you must have just been busy so the next time I went to my inlaws I looked for the shop and couldn't find it "now I realize I was in the parking of the law office".

My point is even the best vendors have communication issues sometimes. No hard feelings at all I realize you are very busy.

Sorry about that. I can't run a search in my phone back that far. Shoot me a text though and we'll get you in. Sometimes what happens is that I mean to reply but then a text gets buried under newer ones.

We finally put a little sign by the buzzer in the lobby that mentions Meplat to cut down on people coming in and walking right back out. It's the downside to our layout.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Sorry about that. I can't run a search in my phone back that far. Shoot me a text though and we'll get you in. Sometimes what happens is that I mean to reply but then a text gets buried under newer ones.

We finally put a little sign by the buzzer in the lobby that mentions Meplat to cut down on people coming in and walking right back out. It's the downside to our layout.

No problem. I will text you again.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Kee, you can't possibly still be waiting on the cans from when I worked there?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I JUST got my can the day they were moving out of their building. Almost 2 years to get it. I had a few pistols there on consignment when they closed, so now I am waiting to get $ or trade.

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    No it shouldn't be, but... The paperwork got lost by "the powers to approve" so the copies had to be refiled and then once approved the stamp sat in limbo for 6 months. I have heard of many other people getting their suppressors much much quicker.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    No it shouldn't be, but... The paperwork got lost by "the powers to approve" so the copies had to be refiled and then once approved the stamp sat in limbo for 6 months. I have heard of many other people getting their suppressors much much quicker.

Not really grasping the "stamp sat in limbo for 6 months" stamps are approved and mailed out. You should receive them within 10 days. In the event a stamp is lost in the mail you can get a replacement after 30.

I'll admit I'm not the most knowledgeable about NFA items as that was not my responsibility when I worked there but an approved Form 4 sitting for 6 months isn't the way it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom