Any idea what's going on with Ferarra Firearms?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Geauxtac1911

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Prairieville
    Hi all...

I have a couple cans on form 4 waiting for approval at Ferarra's. Noticed they changed their address, stopped answering the phone, and aren't listed on silencer Shop's Powered By list anymore. Should I be worried? I've always had good service there before and they've handled a couple transfers for me before...

Last edited:

Geauxtac1911

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Prairieville
    I kinda mentioned it in passing to another FFL in the area and he just laughed at me...wouldn't provide any info but laughed and shook his head.

I know they used to have a presence here but I think it's been a while since they've posted.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I kinda mentioned it in passing to another FFL in the area and he just laughed at me...wouldn't provide any info but laughed and shook his head.

I know they used to have a presence here but I think it's been a while since they've posted.

I hope it works out for you. I'd just keep calling and hopefully he's just working less hours temporarily while waiting on his updated FFL.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Hopefully everything gets resolved quickly. I've also used them for a few transfers and purchased a couple of lowers from them. Always happy with their service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marlin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    He's done several transfers for me as well, but haven't heard when or if they moved to the new place. I'm guessing it's just a paperwork issue? I hope they can get it worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I called a few weeks ago to see if they had a gun in stock, and he said that they were in middle of moving and they had it but couldn't actually sell anything until they lic. came back approved with there new location... idk how long that takes but im guessing if your dealing with the gov. it will take a while

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    They have moved. No current ffl. If they are in possession of your items. Get them transferred via F3 to another dealer. Meplat is a good one. If you have prepaid for a gun in the last month or 2. They took your money without having a license and you should file a report with the ATF and get a lawyer .. it is fraud.
    I currently have 2 items of 4 that I paid for stamps and all .. she acted like she sent it. And pocketed the money. A year ago I told her make it right or she would wake up gator food. She made it half right.
    She paid the money but failed to respond to any correspondence from ATF and they all went to reject for nothing heard in 30 days. I caught them on day 32 and my two cans were saved. My sbs was back in limbo only to be picked up yesterday by another dealer and sold at a loss to them. My sbr is with me since it technically is. F1 and my two cans are approved with no ability to get them since they don't have an FFL .

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Geauxtac1911

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Prairieville
    They have moved. No current ffl. If they are in possession of your items. Get them transferred via F3 to another dealer. Meplat is a good one. If you have prepaid for a gun in the last month or 2. They took your money without having a license and you should file a report with the ATF and get a lawyer .. it is fraud.
    I currently have 2 items of 4 that I paid for stamps and all .. she acted like she sent it. And pocketed the money. A year ago I told her make it right or she would wake up gator food. She made it half right.
    She paid the money but failed to respond to any correspondence from ATF and they all went to reject for nothing heard in 30 days. I caught them on day 32 and my two cans were saved. My sbs was back in limbo only to be picked up yesterday by another dealer and sold at a loss to them. My sbr is with me since it technically is. F1 and my two cans are approved with no ability to get them since they don't have an FFL .

Oh wow...so since they don't have an FFL they can't let you have the cans you have with approved form 4's? That's no good. So I have two cans there that are pending form 4 approval now. I called the ATF yesterday and did in fact confirm they are pending. Can another dealer initiate the form 3 to have them transferred? Or does Ferrara have to do that? And can I even be sure that they'll ship the cans to whomever I would transfer them to? And im also wondering, if they can't release a can with an approved form 4, due to lack of FFL, how can they transfer one via form 3?

This really sucks..

Geauxtac1911

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Prairieville
    Just spoke to ATF in New Orleans. Was told that, while the agent wasn't at liberty to tell me any details, I should leave my silencers there and that FF was going through a normal process while moving locations. I tried to pry a little but she shut me down. She said "again I can't tell you any details, but I'll advise you to NOT form 3 them to another dealer."

Sooo, I guess I trust the process and hope this works itself out. My forms are still several months out according to the nice lady I spoke with at the NFA branch yesterday. Obsidian pending in Dec 2016 and Omega 9k pending in May 2017.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

I really hoped these folks changed since the days of belts, holsters and cast bullets but it sounds like the same old BS lol.

Trusting a dealer is why I've been having a trust for 2 years and never bought any NFA items!

Last edited:

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    Just spoke to ATF in New Orleans. Was told that, while the agent wasn't at liberty to tell me any details, I should leave my silencers there and that FF was going through a normal process while moving locations. I tried to pry a little but she shut me down. She said "again I can't tell you any details, but I'll advise you to NOT form 3 them to another dealer."

Sooo, I guess I trust the process and hope this works itself out. My forms are still several months out according to the nice lady I spoke with at the NFA branch yesterday. Obsidian pending in Dec 2016 and Omega 9k pending in May 2017.

Yeah I would advise to to transfer any pending items as this will start your wait all over again.

IF you can get Ferrara on the phone and have them initiate a transfer. Interstate Guns will accept it and process your form for through Silencer Shop for free.

However be aware that if it is transferred to us and we refile your paperwork goes to the bottom of the stack and your wait time begins again. This is what we were told by the local ATF branch.

Ferrara still has a valid FFL through 2019. All of this is public knowledge and keeping to be confirmed through https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Yeah I would advise to to transfer any pending items as this will start your wait all over again.

IF you can get Ferrara on the phone and have them initiate a transfer. Interstate Guns will accept it and process your form for through Silencer Shop for free.

However be aware that if it is transferred to us and we refile your paperwork goes to the bottom of the stack and your wait time begins again. This is what we were told by the local ATF branch.

Ferrara still has a valid FFL through 2019. All of this is public knowledge and keeping to be confirmed through https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

It may be valid at the old location. Not the new .
    Makes a big difference. And if you think that list is current,it gets processed at fast as form 4

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    It may be valid at the old location. Not the new .
    Makes a big difference. And if you think that list is current,it gets processed at fast as form 4

Interesting that the investigator would say hold on let's check ezcheck if the information wouldn't be valid. Then again it is ATF.

Ill just get the popcorn out.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I know a former NFA dealer who shut his business down and the BATFE forced him to keep his location until all of his pending transfers had gone through. IIRC he paid the lease on his location for an additional 8 months after effectively "closing." I guess a move is treated differently than ceasing all business activity.

Geauxtac1911

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Prairieville

Chris you and I have actually spoken several times this week (bought a couple Q cans from you guys) and I've spoken with Tyler also on this particular matter. Your offer to handle the transfers is awesome man and right in line with the above and beyond customer service I've experienced with you and your crew.

My fear, as you mentioned, is actually getting in touch with FF and then if I do, actually trusting that they will get the transfer initiated.

The ATF agent I spoke with made it sound like everything would fine and I should just leave it alone, but then again, I mean, it is the US Govt we're talking about here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom