Got our first Gen5 Glocks ** PICS ADDED **

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Over at JGO, we got a few Gen5 glocks in (17 and 19)... They have a great feel to them... finger grooves are gone, ambi slide release, divot for Magazine removal (looks like a wider magazine base plate too, but I could be wrong), Magwell, tapered front slide... some say the trigger feels lighter, but personally it feels the same to me. I believe the sights are metal now also... not polymer.

I was hoping they would do serrations on the forward area of the slide... but no dice.

**UPDATE ** - Sights are more narrow (but still polymer). Magazine has an orange follower and a wider base plate, however regular Glock mags will work just the same.

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Over at JGO, we got a few Gen5 glocks in (17 and 19)... They have a great feel to them... finger grooves are gone, ambi slide release, divot for Magazine removal (looks like a wider magazine base plate too, but I could be wrong), Magwell, tapered front slide... some say the trigger feels lighter, but personally it feels the same to me. I believe the sights are metal now also... not polymer.

I was hoping they would do serrations on the forward area of the slide... but no dice.

Any pics of them that you can post up?

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    IMG_6081.jpg IMG_6082.jpg IMG_6083.jpg IMG_6084.jpg
    IMG_6086.jpg IMG_6085.jpg

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    My only complaint is I wish they wouldn't have beveled the front of the slide OR at least they could have beveled the frame to match "like the G-30".

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    My only complaint is I wish they wouldn't have beveled the front of the slide OR at least they could have beveled the frame to match "like the G-30".

The front of the slide is beveled... like the G30, G30s, etc. Personally, I wish they would have put serrations on the forward part of the slide.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

True... I was correcting the Slide reference... the frame is not beveled... but I thinks that's a little knit-picky to be honest. :)

I never said the slide wasn't beveled. I said I wish they wouldn't have beveled it "OR" I wish they would have beveled the frame to match.

I still don't understand what needed to be corrected in my post ;).

Top Bottom