Utah Police Arrest Nurse for Doing Her Job

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Is there any wiggle room on this one? Seems straight forward which makes it even more of an alarming case.

Salt Lake City, UT — For refusing to do the illegal bidding of a Salt Lake City police detective, a University Hospital nurse was assaulted and arrested. Now, she is showing the public the video of the attack to let them know how untrained in the law some officers can be and how this can lead to innocent people having their rights violated.

The footage is from an incident on July 26. It is from University Hospital and officer body cameras and it shows Detective Jeff Payne attempting to convince nurse Alex Wubbels to get a blood sample from a patient who’d been injured in a fatal car accident.

In the video, Wubbels is attempting to explain to the officer that blood cannot be taken from an unconscious patient unless there is a warrant, the patient is under arrest, or the patient consents. None of these factors were present at the time Payne was demanding blood, so Wubbles was merely following the law.

This infuriated the detective, who at one point during the conversation resorted to making threats against Wubbles.

“I either go away with blood in vials or body in tow,” Payne says.

Wubbles confirms with several hospital officials and again tells Payne that it is against the law to draw the victim’s blood. Instead of simply obeying the law, Payne chose to assault and kidnap the nurse.

After Payne arrests Wubbles, he then begins planning his spiteful revenge on the rest of the hospital for refusing to break the law.

“I’ll bring them all the transients and take good patients elsewhere,” Payne says.

In spite of kidnapping an innocent woman on video for the sole act of refusing to break the law for a cop, Payne has yet to face any punishment. The only thing that happened to him was that he was temporarily suspended from the department’s blood-draw program that teaches cops how to get blood samples. However, he remains on regular duty.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Give some people a badge and a gun and they tend to go bat sh!t crazy with what they say goes! :mad: He needs to have his puzzy sack cut off and sent through a meat grinder and fed to hogs! Freakin' low life azzed bastard! :mad: There are definitely laws in place that states what medical personal can and can not do. In this instance, I am in favor of the medical personell as they were following the letter of the law. At least in accordance to Louisiana law.

Last edited:

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    It's things like this that give cops a bad name. I know most of them are good guys and are just trying to do their jobs, but in these kinds of instances the hammer has got to be dropped on the bad cop. I don't care how good he may be or how short handed the department might be. I don't want guys like that "protecting" me, nor do I need it. If that is how they are going to act and the good cops are going to let them get away with it I would rather take a chance on my own, thanks.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

wrathgar

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I used to be in law enforcement and what I’ve just watched made me absolutely sick. This moron is an embarrassment to the badge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    It's things like this that give cops a bad name. I know most of them are good guys and are just trying to do their jobs, but in these kinds of instances the hammer has got to be dropped on the bad cop. I don't care how good he may be or how short handed the department might be. I don't want guys like that "protecting" me, nor do I need it. If that is how they are going to act and the good cops are going to let them get away with it I would rather take a chance on my own, thanks.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

You are darn straight! The butt munch over stepped his authority and the law! I dont dislike police, but, I do dislike police who are bad! :mad:

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Give some people a badge and a gun and they tend to go bat sh!t crazy with what they say goes! :mad: He needs to have his puzzy sack cut off and sent through a meat grinder and fed to hogs! Freakin' low life azzed bastard! :mad: There are definitely laws in place that states what medical personal can and can not do. In this instance, I am in favor of the medical personell as they were following the letter of the law. At least in accordance to Louisiana law.

The La law says to the effect of:

Anyone that keeps or interferes with a dr. or nurses job,
    Anyone showing foul language
    Any disruption
    ETC...

is considered a felony in Louisiana!!!

I say the poster at a dr.'s office about 2 months ago.
    I couldn't believe it was a felony.

So the officer,if utah has the same law,should be under arrest.You even see
    the younger leo try to tell the veteran leo to settle down.And you know the
    officer arresting her knew better.Like everyone said,he overstepped his
    boundaries.And as far as LEO,,the stats are around 72.8% bad 23.6% good,
    as far as leo around the usa goes.Sad ,but true.

I think it has a lot to do with pay and so forth.They have to be going bad for
    a reason.I don't believe when they go through training ,they are thinking how
    do I get more money,drugs,,guns,,steal it!!!

I'm just quoting fact firearm man,,go look it up lol

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    The La law says to the effect of:

Anyone that keeps or interferes with a dr. or nurses job,
    Anyone showing foul language
    Any disruption
    ETC...

is considered a felony in Louisiana!!!

I say the poster at a dr.'s office about 2 months ago.
    I couldn't believe it was a felony.

So the officer,if utah has the same law,should be under arrest.You even see
    the younger leo try to tell the veteran leo to settle down.And you know the
    officer arresting her knew better.Like everyone said,he overstepped his
    boundaries.And as far as LEO,,the stats are around 72.8% bad 23.6% good,

No issue with what you are posting. But, my wife works for a major nationwide healthcare/hospital system across many states as the #5 in the chain of command of the said system and her specialty is their legal department dealing with health care laws, rules and regulations. So, I will just say that I have a slight "inkling" as to what is legal and not legal as to what medical professionals are forced to do! ;) Also, myself being a retired national registered paramedic and also a retired sheriff's deputy I also have an "inkling" about what is legal and what is not. In the case of the video, what the officer did is NOT legal according to Louisiana law!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    And as far as LEO,,the stats are around 72.8% bad 23.6% good,

Show us the facts.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Disgusting that the other officers didn't step in to calm this down. This piece of crap should suffer a career ending discipline form his department. I'm very pro law enforcement but this one makes me sick. LEO's do so much good every day but this dirtbag tarnishes the badge. Why didn't the other LEO step in and help? Makes me sick!!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Disgusting that the other officers didn't step in to calm this down. This piece of crap should suffer a career ending discipline form his department. I'm very pro law enforcement but this one makes me sick. LEO's do so much good every day but this dirtbag tarnishes the badge. Why didn't the other LEO step in and help? Makes me sick!!

I agree as well. I am pro LEO as well and feel the other uniformed officers should have stepped in and tried to calm the situation down. Unfortunately, they didnt for whatever reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom