Nurse In Utah Gets Arrested For Doing Her Job

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Jesus Christ , just name the Hospital . You aren't violating any kind of super secret policy that can get anybody in trouble . If that is how they operate then why is it so wrong to make it " public " ? Using your wife's position to cover up the fact that your mouth overloaded your ass is pretty cowardly . Tell the truth , take your licks and move on .

Please see my last post and make your own assumptions.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    So you feel " attacked " ? Wow . Plead your case to Austin and maybe he'll ban me . Either way I won't apologize . We're all big boys here .

" profanities " ? please ...

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    So you feel " attacked " ? Wow . Plead your case to Austin and maybe he'll ban me . Either way I won't apologize . We're all big boys here .

" profanities " ? please ...

I dont have to go to Austin to plead my case. I am not expecting or wanting an apology. If we are all big boys here, why are you using profanites such as "Using your wife's position to cover up the fact that your mouth overloaded your ass is pretty cowardly."? Sure sounds like profanity to me and also a case of you attacking me. ;)
    Regardless, I am out of this thread since it has gone way off track. All of you others are more than welcome to continue to engage in the peeing contest that you all seem to want to happen.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I dont have to go to Austin to plead my case. I am not expecting or wanting an apology. If we are all big boys here, why are you using profanites such as "Using your wife's position to cover up the fact that your mouth overloaded your ass is pretty cowardly."? Sure sounds like profanity to me and also a case of you attacking me. ;)
    Regardless, I am out of this thread since it has gone way off track. All of you others are more than welcome to continue to engage in the peeing contest that you all seem to want to happen.

No, he didn't attack you. He commented on your actions. He said your actions were cowardly. As far as the word "ass", it more impolite rather than profane.

Your modus operandi appears to be stating your opinion as fact and when someone asks for you to explain your position, replying something akin to "the information is out there, go find it yourself." When my younger brother was 7 or 8, he used to brag about knowing how to spell difficult words. When we'd ask him how to spell it, his reply would be "I know but I'm not going to tell you." My brother was not stupid, he was ignorant. He had not been given the information regarding how to spell the words.

You also like to question people's credentials. It appears your belief is that unless someone has certain credentials, they are unable to comprehend the subject matter. It also appears your belief is that information coming from a person with those credentials must be without error. That logical fallacy is known as argumentum ad verecundiam. I believe you, at some point, indicated you did not possess the asked about credentials. You, therefore, appear to have been speaking out of your buttocks. Or you've been posting ideas that may not have been your own. But even when given new information, you are resistant to adjusting your stance. It doesn't matter if the information shown to you is from the source you provided. That makes you come across as stubborn. Now, I'm not calling you stubborn. I'm saying your actions appear to be consistent with someone who would be described as stubborn.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    One if not more of the hospitals is in Lafayette. They can legally require this and have done so in the past. And if a crime is not committed, the leo can be required to disarm themselves on such hospital private business or property. The majority of leo in the Lafayette area understand and respect the requirement. Those of them that have not learned the hard way, were promptly removed from the property and their supervisor notified immediately. This hospital's securtiy staff is not some flunky rent a cop securtiy staff and are taken seriously.

Psst, The one at Laf. General is an unarmed candy ass.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I dont have to prove a thing to try to prove that I am correct or wrong or to have no argument if I fail to prove otherwise. I dont have to provide a name to provide proof to have my claims verified. I would expect more from you since you are an administrator and you and I have been down this road before where you got me banned. That is in the past but I am still here thanks to some one else that knows what kind of stuff takes place on this forum. ;) No threats intended or anything, but I would have expected more from you. :(

You must not be versed in how an argument works. Without providing proof, your claims are not justified.

You can expect all you'd like for me, but the only reason you were unbanned last time was because the other administrator asked me if I thought you could use a second chance once you promised to clean up your act.

If I wanted you gone, you'd have been banned today for trolling and violating rule #10 by posting false claims and not backing them up.

http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2011/rs/title14/rs14-34-6

30 second Google search turned that up.

An uniformed active duty cop isn't going to turn in their firearm or any other tool they carry when acting on official business in a hospital. Show me a law that allows a hospital to do that please.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Apparently, a former officer of the SLCPD is sharing his experience of his time at SLCPD (7 yrs i think). Not sure there is documentation to prove his claims, but he is saying some interesting things:

Post 1: https://www.facebook.com/ericmoutsos/posts/10154964760169352

Post 2: https://www.facebook.com/ericmoutsos/posts/10154969950674352

Post 3: https://www.facebook.com/ericmoutsos/posts/10154973879909352

Here's a Snippet of Post 1:

Post #1

I very seldom ask for you as FB friends to share my posts. But I ask now. Since the Nurse Wubbles incident/arrest in SLC, I feel it’s time to tell my stories. The real stories. This post is just the first of many to come. (Update- #2 & #3 are now up on my wall)

First, I love the American Police Officer. I was once one. In my opinion, the things they go through everyday are unparalleled to any profession in our country with the exception of the military. I know what their families go through daily; wives and kids especially. The regular line cop can be literally pinned between horrible admin practices, and the public. This is why the thin blue line only gets thinner and thinner daily. We need cops. We need good cops. More importantly, we need law and order in America.

With that said, we also need more truth and honesty from within some of these upper police admins. This is not in all departments. But it was in mine, when I worked there on the squads I did. Not all Sgt's in the PD gave these absolute mandates. They didn't all play the game.

What the public doesn’t know, nor many officers, is that I was passed up for two positions before ultimately joining the motorcycle squad in 2013. Why? I was ordered to arrest 5 people, per day, AS PART OF A QUOTA! Not just traffic tickets, but misdemeanor arrests. Criminal records on citizens of SLC; all for numbers. I told my sergeant, no. That night after only getting 3 arrests, I was ordered to stay after shift another hour, without pay, to get 2 more arrests. I was screamed at in front of my squad. They went home. I stayed with my sergeant and I still would not do it. I felt that was the beginning of the end. And truly it was.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    "What the public doesn’t know, nor many officers, is that I was passed up for two positions before ultimately joining the motorcycle squad in 2013. Why? I was ordered to arrest 5 people, per day, AS PART OF A QUOTA! Not just traffic tickets, but misdemeanor arrests. Criminal records on citizens of SLC; all for numbers. I told my sergeant, no. That night after only getting 3 arrests, I was ordered to stay after shift another hour, without pay, to get 2 more arrests. I was screamed at in front of my squad. They went home. I stayed with my sergeant and I still would not do it. I felt that was the beginning of the end. And truly it was"

I so wish that more officers would divulge the real truth.If they did,I believe
    we could correct the situations much better and actually fix the issues
    within the depts around the us:) Just a thought!!!!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    "What the public doesn’t know, nor many officers, is that I was passed up for two positions before ultimately joining the motorcycle squad in 2013. Why? I was ordered to arrest 5 people, per day, AS PART OF A QUOTA! Not just traffic tickets, but misdemeanor arrests. Criminal records on citizens of SLC; all for numbers. I told my sergeant, no. That night after only getting 3 arrests, I was ordered to stay after shift another hour, without pay, to get 2 more arrests. I was screamed at in front of my squad. They went home. I stayed with my sergeant and I still would not do it. I felt that was the beginning of the end. And truly it was"

I so wish that more officers would divulge the real truth.If they did,I believe
    we could correct the situations much better and actually fix the issues
    within the depts around the us:) Just a thought!!!!

I totally agree with you! One of the reasons I decided to "retire"/take a separation of service from the dept I worked for many years ago. "They" wanted me to do something that I considered illegal and against moral values. I decided that I preferred to have better morals and not do anything illegal than to continue to work for them!

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Update: He goneeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Hope he likes mcd's or burger sling.
    I think they paying $10 an hour now:)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-officer-fired-nurses-arrest-caught-video-224216711.html

I just have one last comment.

I so wish every officer in every state had a cam on them at all times.I also wish
    USA had a camera on every corner,alley,etc.

I realize a few are going to say,that's prying,that's privacy law,etc.

I say BS.When you walk outside your home,off your property,you are in the
    public eye.You can legally video anyone without sound.

In studies ,it has been proven that if there were camera's on every corner
    USA,crime rate would diminish by 40%.That is a lot to me!!!

Only bad people suffer from being watched.The good people have no reason
    to worry about camera's.

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Update: He goneeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Hope he likes mcd's or burger sling.
    I think they paying $10 an hour now:)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-officer-fired-nurses-arrest-caught-video-224216711.html

I just have one last comment.

I so wish every officer in every state had a cam on them at all times.I also wish
    USA had a camera on every corner,alley,etc.

I realize a few are going to say,that's prying,that's privacy law,etc.

I say BS.When you walk outside your home,off your property,you are in the
    public eye.You can legally video anyone without sound.

In studies ,it has been proven that if there were camera's on every corner
    USA,crime rate would diminish by 40%.That is a lot to me!!!

Only bad people suffer from being watched.The good people have no reason
    to worry about camera's.

Keeping dangerous and repeat offenders in prison would probably cut down crimes by more than that with no invasion of our privacy. More often than not people who rob, assault, murder, etc. are more likely to do it again in the future. I would rather start there before invading further into my personal affairs weather I have to leave my property or not.

Side note; does it seem strange to anyone else that a person who committed a violent crime is, according to the gov, safe to have on the street but not trustworthy enough to have a weapon to protect themselves? If one has paid for the wrongdoing and is deemed no longer a threat why not let them protect themselves? Or in reverse, if they are not trustworthy enough to have a weapon, why put them back on the street?

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Keeping dangerous and repeat offenders in prison would probably cut down crimes by more than that with no invasion of our privacy. More often than not people who rob, assault, murder, etc. are more likely to do it again in the future. I would rather start there before invading further into my personal affairs weather I have to leave my property or not.

Side note; does it seem strange to anyone else that a person who committed a violent crime is, according to the gov, safe to have on the street but not trustworthy enough to have a weapon to protect themselves? If one has paid for the wrongdoing and is deemed no longer a threat why not let them protect themselves? Or in reverse, if they are not trustworthy enough to have a weapon, why put them back on the street?

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

I think you have a good point. I like the way you think.
    Wingate

Too bad it won't happen.

Top Bottom