Nurse In Utah Gets Arrested For Doing Her Job

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here's a good rebuttal to that article...

Yes, it is a good rebuttal. It also acknowledges something a number of people don't seem to understand. There are circumstances where blood can be drawn without consent and without a warrant. The article I posted did bring up an interesting point not mentioned in the rebuttal. Is there implied consent by having a CDL in Utah? The handbook put out by the states indicates there is and it is listed in the state law. Would that satisfy the "consent, warrant, or exigent circumstances" requirement?

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title53/Chapter3/53-3-S418.html

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Yes, it is a good rebuttal. It also acknowledges something a number of people don't seem to understand. There are circumstances where blood can be drawn without consent and without a warrant. The article I posted did bring up an interesting point not mentioned in the rebuttal. Is there implied consent by having a CDL in Utah? The handbook put out by the states indicates there is and it is listed in the state law. Would that satisfy the "consent, warrant, or exigent circumstances" requirement?

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title53/Chapter3/53-3-S418.html

will be in an interesting case ..if it goes to court..
    I am curious as to when implied consent of a cdl holder driving a commercial vehicle could force a health care worker to draw blood..didn't see it in the statute. Maybe he didn't try to get a warrant because there were no grounds for one? maybe so, maybe not. I can say that the overwhelming majority of cops do make tough decisions, all day long and get it right the majority of the time. I along with many others support LEO's but this clown effed up and should be held accountable. If he was any good at his job, he could have easily gotten that sample without causing all of the headaches he undoubtedly caused for himself and his dept.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Please go by the actual laws,not by what the media says.

None of those articles mentioned the person in question was an LEO.

I don't get why that is being swept under the rug,nor the fact of
    interfering with a patient in a hospital laws.

This false media fact reporting has to stop.I hope the new law is
    voted in and goes into effect soon about the media false reporting
    facts!!I don't understand how the media isn't being held responsible
    for false facts.Anyone else would be sued.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    will be in an interesting case ..if it goes to court..
    I am curious as to when implied consent of a cdl holder driving a commercial vehicle could force a health care worker to draw blood..didn't see it in the statute. Maybe he didn't try to get a warrant because there were no grounds for one? maybe so, maybe not. I can say that the overwhelming majority of cops do make tough decisions, all day long and get it right the majority of the time. I along with many others support LEO's but this clown effed up and should be held accountable. If he was any good at his job, he could have easily gotten that sample without causing all of the headaches he undoubtedly caused for himself and his dept.

From what I understand, the cop was in a blood unit and wasn't trying to get the nurse to draw blood. The nurse was blocking the cop from drawing blood.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Please go by the actual laws,not by what the media says.

None of those articles mentioned the person in question was an LEO.

I don't get why that is being swept under the rug,nor the fact of
    interfering with a patient in a hospital laws.

This false media fact reporting has to stop.I hope the new law is
    voted in and goes into effect soon about the media false reporting
    facts!!I don't understand how the media isn't being held responsible
    for false facts.Anyone else would be sued.

From what I understand, the cop was in a blood unit and wasn't trying to get the nurse to draw blood. The nurse was blocking the cop from drawing blood.

This is the law nationwide:
    BIRCHFIELD v. NORTH DAKOTA
    CERTIORARI TO THE SUPREME COURT OF NORTH DAKOTA
    No. 14–1468. Argued April 20, 2016—Decided June 23, 2016*

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sup...d-blood-draws/

Regardless if in an ER, blood unit, blood bank, crack house, whore house, on a street corner and regardless of who is drawing the blood sample! ;)

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is the law nationwide:
    BIRCHFIELD v. NORTH DAKOTA
    CERTIORARI TO THE SUPREME COURT OF NORTH DAKOTA
    No. 14–1468. Argued April 20, 2016—Decided June 23, 2016*

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sup...d-blood-draws/

Regardless if in an ER, blood unit, blood bank, crack house, whore house, on a street corner and regardless of who is drawing the blood sample! ;)

From the nationwide law:
    "In instances where blood tests might be preferable--e.g., where substances other than alcohol impair the driver's ability to operate a car safely, or where the subject is unconscious--nothing prevents the police from seeking a warrant or from relying on the exigent circumstances exception if it applies."

From what I read, the ruling states that someone cannot be criminally punished for refusing to submit to a blood test. I could not find anywhere where the ruling stated the person is forbidden to provide consent to have his blood drawn. And the driver in question who gave his implied consent did not do so in exchange for being allowed to simply drive on the road. He gave it in exchange for his CDL. Without his CDL, he would still be allowed to drive on the roads, just not in a commercial capacity. So while you want to repeatedly post the Supreme Court case, one can easily argue it may not apply to this case.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    From the nationwide law:
    "In instances where blood tests might be preferable--e.g., where substances other than alcohol impair the driver's ability to operate a car safely, or where the subject is unconscious--nothing prevents the police from seeking a warrant or from relying on the exigent circumstances exception if it applies."

From what I read, the ruling states that someone cannot be criminally punished for refusing to submit to a blood test. I could not find anywhere where the ruling stated the person is forbidden to provide consent to have his blood drawn. And the driver in question who gave his implied consent did not do so in exchange for being allowed to simply drive on the road. He gave it in exchange for his CDL. Without his CDL, he would still be allowed to drive on the roads, just not in a commercial capacity. So while you want to repeatedly post the Supreme Court case, one can easily argue it may not apply to this case.

Go back and read it again. The ruling has nothing to do with who can be or can not be criminally punished for not submiting to a blood test. The ruling deals with the what is legal and what is not legal when it comes to drawing blood samples. And yes, the Supreme Court ruling does most definitely apply in this case! Where did you say you got your jurist doctorate from? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Go back and read it again. The ruling has nothing to do with who can be or can not be criminally punished for not submiting to a blood test. The ruling deals with the what is legal and what is not legal when it comes to drawing blood samples. And yes, the Supreme Court ruling does most definitely apply in this case! Where did you say you got your jurist doctorate from? :rolleyes:

Which part should I read again?

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Maybe i just missed it but if this guy is the victim in an auto accident then why is his blood sample worth all of this drama?

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Maybe i just missed it but if this guy is the victim in an auto accident then why is his blood sample worth all of this drama?

Why? Because of way too many keyboard warriors without any legal education/licensing/training or knowledge and wanting to vet info that they claim is correct/legal but in is in fact incorrect/illegal and has been been proven in courts by actual cases and also ruled on by the Supreme Court!

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Why? Because of way too many keyboard warriors without any legal education/licensing/training or knowledge and wanting to vet info that they claim is correct/legal but in is in fact incorrect/illegal and has been been proven in courts by actual cases and also ruled on by the Supreme Court!

Keyboard warriors didnt assault a nurse over a blood sample. What is the motivation for the Utah PD to take it this far?

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Keyboard warriors didnt assault a nurse over a blood sample. What is the motivation for the Utah PD to take it this far?

I was referring to those who chose to reply to this thread with out any, no, or very little legal training, education, or understanding of laws, or what happens in the legal system, etc. In other words, they probably stayed at a holiday inn last night or a few nights ago!
    The azz hat utah detective that decided to be a prick against the nurse should take a legal, civil, and finacial hit!
    My wife is in utah working on that issue right now! ;)
    And since I am too close to this issue and should not be posting about it, I will not be posting about it any more so there will be no conflict of interest here or in the nurse's claim!

Last edited:

5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    What he is asking is if the man in question is a victim in this case, then why do they want his blood in the first place??

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Rea

Reading comprehension is not one of your better traits is it?
    I give up since those who refuse to understand will never understand. :(

I'm willing to listen to what you have to say. If I've missed something in the ruling, I don't have a problem revising my opinion. The issue is that you haven't really said anything. I looked over this case and the ruling then stated what I did. I explained why this case could be viewed as different from the Supreme Court case. I even went so far as to look up the Utah law covering implied consent for people with a CDL.

Your reaction was to disagree with my post without explaining why. I'm not sure how you can accurately say people refuse to understand when you would state what you want them to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I'm willing to listen to what you have to say. If I've missed something in the ruling, I don't have a problem revising my opinion. The issue is that you haven't really said anything. I looked over this case and the ruling then stated what I did. I explained why this case could be viewed as different from the Supreme Court case. I even went so far as to look up the Utah law covering implied consent for people with a CDL.

Your reaction was to disagree with my post without explaining why. I'm not sure how you can accurately say people refuse to understand when you would state what you want them to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supreme Court findings/rulings will and will always over rule any and all state laws, ordinances, torts, when and if a contest is brought before the Supreme Court and the court rules against the state law in question. I can not understand why you do not understand that the utah officer in this case is in the wrong! The Supreme Court ruling in 2016 specifically states that no blood may be drawn from a "victim" by anyone without the "victim's" consent regardless if concious or not without a warrant. What do you not understand about that?

Last edited:

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    What he is asking is if the man in question is a victim in this case, then why do they want his blood in the first place??

Thanks 5star. Its been asked 3 different ways now. Hopefully an answer/theory/insight will come along shortly.

Top Bottom