Nurse In Utah Gets Arrested For Doing Her Job

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    why would the other post be closed?? looks like none of the by laws were broken just people stating there option on the topic, no bs member was attacked?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    deff abuse of power... thank god for cell phones and camers on police officers otherwise there would be a total diff story being told about how a rouge nurse refused to do what a cop said and was abusive to the police officer which gave him no choice but to place her under arrest

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    why would the other post be closed?? looks like none of the by laws were broken just people stating there option on the topic, no bs member was attacked?

Same thing I was thinking also but, yet it got closed/locked. No one member got out of hand attacking any other member that I am aware of and in my opinion no one got their feelings hurt. Just as curious as to why it was closed/locked as you are and probably a few others as well.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    im sure it wasn't closed for talking about cops.... I mean im all for "backing the blue" and "blue lives matter" ... but when there is a situation that need to be addressed... that's just it, it needs to be addressed and brought public... Maybe it was the language, but I don't remember seeing anything in the by laws about language adequate, but then again I could be totally wrong.. I have been know to miss some things somtimes

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    sad thing is like in the other post... you can hear the cameras beeping, they knew they were on, the younger officer tried to talk some sense into him, and get him to just take a break and he refused still... there is a deff issue with him

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I'm normally on the side of law enforcement, but this punk with a badge needs to fired immediately. The "officers" that stood by and allowed it to happen should all be busted.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    im sure it wasn't closed for talking about cops....

Rh51OzH.jpg

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I don't suppose there is any new info on this case? I'm also wondering why the other thread was closed. Didn't seem out of hand to me.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Total bs arrest. Cop should be prosecuted for it in my opinion. He threw a fit because he didn't get what he wanted, and the nurse was purely following protocol and not in any violation that I am aware of. He was on a power trip.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Having a little experience with similar situations, I am very troubled that this law enforcement officer is incapable of thinking straight in a safe emergency room. What in the world would he do if someone were shooting at him too? He is such a bad example and could paint all the good police with such a dirty brush. The sooner his badge is taken away the better for all.

By the way, as to locking this thread, the truth must always prevail.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I will say that if the driver is a LEO, even if he is not at fault, it is SOP in probably all LE agencies that you take an immediate blood sample. Maybeeeeee, that's what Payne was getting at, as far as implied consent, but those are his internal agency rules, not the hospital's or state law, according to the article, so the nurse wouldn't be bound by it. His response seems overboard, from what I saw, but I'm sure she will be compensated nicely for it.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I will say that if the driver is a LEO, even if he is not at fault, it is SOP in probably all LE agencies that you take an immediate blood sample. Maybeeeeee, that's what Payne was getting at, as far as implied consent, but those are his internal agency rules, not the hospital's or state law, according to the article, so the nurse wouldn't be bound by it. His response seems overboard, from what I saw, but I'm sure she will be compensated nicely for it.

I have an idea where you are trying to go with your post according to "implied consent". However, implied consent only legally applies to the person/victim to save their life when and if they are unconcious and does not apply to provide any and all evidence to their guilt or innocence in any and all lawful actions. ;)

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have an idea where you are trying to go with your post according to "implied consent". However, implied consent only legally applies to the person/victim to save their life when and if they are unconcious and does not apply to provide any and all evidence to their guilt or innocence in any and all lawful actions. ;)

Absolutely. No, I don't think it would hold up under legal implied consent definition, but Payne's frame of mind might have been "well, he consented to department policies as terms of his employment, so if he was awake he would consent to a blood draw". Although, even then, he would have the choice, were he conscious, to refuse the blood draw, but he would probably be terminated from the agency.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Absolutely. No, I don't think it would hold up under legal implied consent definition, but Payne's frame of mind might have been "well, he consented to department policies as terms of his employment, so if he was awake he would consent to a blood draw". Although, even then, he would have the choice, were he conscious, to refuse the blood draw, but he would probably be terminated from the agency.

Okay, I see where you are going with this but, is the subject that is in question for the blood draw an employee of the agency that also is the same as offending officer is? Regardless if yes or no, the officer insisting for the blood draw can not legally demand a blood draw on said subject unless the subject is under arrest, or the requesting officer or his department, for the blood draw holds a court order stating that a blood draw must be performed on said subject.

Top Bottom