Let this sink in

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Let this sink in for a minute.....

Hundreds and hundreds of small boats pulled by countless pickups and SUVs from across the South are headed for Houston. Almost all of them driven by men. They're using their own property, sacrificing their own time, spending their own money, and risking their own lives for one reason: to help total strangers in desperate need.

Most of them are by themselves. Most are dressed like the "redneck"*** duck hunters and bass fisherman they are. Many are veterans. Most are wearing well-used gimme-hats, t-shirts, and jeans; and there's a preponderance of camo. Most are probably gun owners, and most probably voted for Trump. These are the people the Left loves to hate, the ones Maddow mocks. The ones Maher and Olbermann just *know* they're so much better than.

These are The Quiet Ones. They don't wear masks and tear down statues. They don't, as a rule, march and demonstrate. And most have probably never been in a Whole Foods. But they'll spend the next several days wading in cold, dirty water; dodging gators and water moccasins and fire ants; eating whatever meager rations are available; and sleeping wherever they can in dirty, damp clothes. Their reward is the tears and the hugs and the smiles from the terrified people they help. They'll deliver one boatload, and then go back for more.

When disaster strikes, it's what men do. Real men. Heroic men.

American men.

And then they'll knock back a few shots, or a few beers with like-minded men they've never met before, and talk about fish, or ten-point bucks, or the benefits of hollow-point ammo, or their F-150.

And the next time they hear someone talk about "the patriarchy", or "male privilege", they'll snort, turn off the TV and go to bed.

In the meantime, they'll likely be up again before dawn. To do it again.

Until the helpless are rescued. And the work's done.

They're unlikely to be reimbursed. There won't be medals. They won't care. They're heroes. And it's what they do.:cheers:

*** As defined by the media types

--I did not write, forwarded to me by one of my veteran colleagues!

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    'Mericans. Those folks going down there and volunteering are awesome.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    CatCam that was extremely well written. REAL men care and are always the first to answer no matter the call. If you ever sigh about where our country seems to have gone, one look away from the media and into the reality of what our countrymen are made of should completely renew your faith. I wish more people would.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    You forgot they were called "deplorables". I have no doubt that the sacrifice they made will not be forgotten by folks like us. Amen to them and safe journey! :bowdown:

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Well said. The silent majority, quite professionals, out doing what needs done when disaster strikes, helping who they can and heading home when the work is done. Probably to a job they hate that may barely pay the bills, maybe a spouse that doesn't understand the need and desire they feel to help. But they will deal with the personal repercussions because people need them. Strangers need them. And they will be there.
    A man has no greater love than to lay down his life for his friends.
    I believe those who went and who are aiding in any way deserve the same merit. So thank you for all who are there.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I know I didn't see George Clooney, Madonna, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, or any other stinking liberal out there helping! Need I say more?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    CatCam, That was very well written and I concur.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Well said and extremely well written CatCam...so good I think you should send that to Advocate or whatever newspaper is around you. :bowdown:

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    These men and women as well, always step up to help a neighbor in a time of crisis. The "elite" liberals look down on all of us as rubes, rednecks and deplorables but do not understand us and never will. Lets hope our next generation learns from all this and steps up when their time comes.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom