Traveling to Mississippi next week .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I know Mississippi has reciprocity with Louisiana as far as CHP's go , but is there anything different I should be aware of while I travel there ?

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Almost nobody cares if you carry. Standard places do though: federal buildings, schools, not sure about rules at churches. I think MS has the most liberal gun laws in these here United States

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This might still be good.

 Any police, sheriff or highway patrol station: any detention facility, prison or jail.
     Any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from
    carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his courtroom;
     Any polling place; any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity; any meeting
    of the Legislature or a committee thereof.
     Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
     Any portion of an establishment, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the
    premises, that is primarily devoted to dispensing alcoholic beverages; any portion of an establishment
    in which beer or light wine is consumed on the premises, that is primarily devoted to such purpose;
     Any elementary or secondary school facility; any junior college, community college, college or
    university facility unless for the purpose of participating in any authorized firearms-related activity;
     Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying
    any legal firearm into the terminal if the firearm is encased for shipment ,for purposes of checking
    such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft;
     Any church or other place of worship;
     Or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.
     In addition to the places enumerated in this subsection, the carrying of a concealed pistol or revolver
    may be disallowed in anyplace in the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the
    physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not
    less than ten (10) feet that the "carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited."
     No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize the participants in a parade or demonstration
    for which a permit is required to carry a concealed pistol or revolver

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    You need to be careful. They have two sets of rules for where you can carry. Those that have a permit and those who have the enhanced permit. Only people who live in Mississippi can get the enhanced permit.

Click on Mississippi on the map.... http://www.handgunlaw.us

Top Bottom