Irma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    That's like 2 weeks away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep! A lot of resources we would need here have been used in Houston. Unless you are well prepared and stocked up I'd start now. I top off my resources about once a week, water, fuel, ice, food, just in case! :)

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Just to say, I have been having fuel (gas, propane, batteries), MREs, water, medical supplies stored and stockpiled for quite awhile now. I have learned from many years past and many hurricanes past to not wait until the last moment to be prepared. As things develope and get more urgent, I "shore up" the stock or add to it in case I may have overlooked something. Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Yep! A lot of resources we would need here have been used in Houston. Unless you are well prepared and stocked up I'd start now. I top off my resources about once a week, water, fuel, ice, food, just in case! :)

There is a big difference between waiting till the last minute and watching the status and track for a while more. Even oil rigs in the gulf are probably just now considering getting their BOP on deck which can take days to do.

Now if you live in Grand Isle or similar it's a different story.

And I don't need anything except water. I'll catch and eat fish every day out my pond if it comes to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Think most models have the storm turning north, question is before or after FL. Think the furthest model shows it turning North at Alabama. Don't want to say we are in the clear since we are at least a week out. I do have a good bit of water and food at home along with ways to cook it if power goes out.

But if it actually heads this way, I'll jump in the truck and head to Dallas.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Just to say, I have been having fuel (gas, propane, batteries), MREs, water, medical supplies stored and stockpiled for quite awhile now. I have learned from many years past and many hurricanes past to not wait until the last moment to be prepared. As things develope and get more urgent, I "shore up" the stock or add to it in case I may have overlooked something. Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

You ever have some slacker tell you that we are coming to your house since you have all this stuff and are ready?

I normally tell them I need 10K to buy extra for their slacker azzes.

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    http://www.nbc-2.com/story/36250963/hurricane-irma-forecast-path-0905-17-2pm

For those planning to bug in, you might want to reconsider. 185mph sustained wind, gusts up to 225mph. That's F3-F4 tornado power. For a HOURS, not minutes. Wherever it goes there will be nothing left standing so I would advise you take whatever you cannot afford to lose and GTFO.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    On another forum I am on we have some FL members and they are planning on hunkering down. I don't think I would have the brass balls to do that for the **** storm that Irma is turning out to be. Some sites are saying there is a probability of 210MPH winds once it hits the Florida straits. That is straight to the ground level devastation level stuff right there.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    On another forum I am on we have some FL members and they are planning on hunkering down. I don't think I would have the brass balls to do that for the **** storm that Irma is turning out to be. Some sites are saying there is a probability of 210MPH winds once it hits the Florida straits. That is straight to the ground level devastation level stuff right there.

This might change their minds. They are fools and will probably die if they stay.

https://youtu.be/dA5qYrboTUE

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Jose is chasing his girlfriend Irma, Boy this is fun this year, can't wait for December.
    Wingate

IMG_0601-300132.JPG

Top Bottom