Irma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

Attachments

• hurricanes.jpg
      hurricanes.jpg
      60.4 KB · Views: 79

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    We talk about states getting it worse than other states. Bottom line it's families not states that are ruined by these huge storms. Just pray wherever it goes we all come together and help because any of us could be next. I will never forget 12 years ago when my then 4 year old son told his little friend, "It's the saddest thing you've ever seen. All of my toys were thrown in a big pile of trash in my front yard". I'm sure lots of us on this web site knows the feeling of loss and rebuilding. Gulf Coast Strong!!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Katrina survivor here, from Meraux. I remember seeing the water line in my second floor of my home, van somehow made it in my pool, and house was pretty much destroyed on the inside.

Saddest part is losing all the photos and pictures, houses, cars and clothes can be replaced, but those memories cannot be relived.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Katrina and Rita survivor here. Been through both of them and lost a lot of belongings. I am not making fun of any state, or any people because I have been through bad hurricanes myself!

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    We recently moved to Kingwood, Tx. Many neighbors and new friends flooded. We are close 250yards from the east San Jac river split by lake Houston. We were close to getting it again. Our good friends from Slidell moved to Katy, Tx. They lost a house in Katrina and flooded again.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    We recently moved to Kingwood, Tx. Many neighbors and new friends flooded. We are close 250yards from the east San Jac river split by lake Houston. We were close to getting it again. Our good friends from Slidell moved to Katy, Tx. They lost a house in Katrina and flooded again.

I saw a small convoy of Christians today from South Carolina with trucks and trailers loaded with supplies headed for Texas to help their fellow man in need.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The Cajun Navy was in our neighborhoods. God Bless them. They were highly praised on just about every press conference I watched on tv. Their efforts were greatly appreciated by our community.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I saw a small convoy of Christians today from South Carolina with trucks and trailers loaded with supplies headed for Texas to help their fellow man in need.
    I love that,A convoy of Christians
    Thank god for trump being president,the world is getting better.I realize the millennium idiots
    don't want to hear the word god or anything to do with reality,bible,or history,
    but too dang bad!!!

Has anyone ever read the millennial bible? It's a sad representation of ignorance,in my eyes.

pavlovscat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Meraux, LA
    I always have mixed feelings when a hurricane hits someone else. I feel horrible for them, and many of us know the feeling too well. But, I also feel relief we aren't in the path - at least not YET! I have cousins in the USVI, and we are very concerned about their fate. No way I'd stay in Florida after seeing what Irma's done to the islands. Whoever bears the brunt, it's going to be a long, hard recovery. Prayers for them all.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I always have mixed feelings when a hurricane hits someone else. I feel horrible for them, and many of us know the feeling too well. But, I also feel relief we aren't in the path - at least not YET! ...

Yep, that's me too. Local forecasters have said all along that we in Baton Rouge area have nothing to fear from Irma -- but I'm still nervous and watching. Prep is pretty much done, except for filling another propane bottle and filling a few gas cans. We typically lose power quickly, may be out for hours or days (up to 11 days in storms past), so the generator will get a quick oil change and test run this weekend.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I'm having an Oak tree taken down as we speak . It overhangs my house and has a few issues . I feel a lot better getting that hazard taken care of .

reelkaos

Rookie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Springfield
    Went to Destin on the 8th and came back yesterday. No traffic either way, the weather was alright and Destin still had a bunch of people.
    Traffic was going the opposite way both times. Timing and a little luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom