Case stuck in chamber

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Nah, sometimes it's more fun to "Rub a butt on him". At a Shreveport gun show about three decades ago some punk grabbed a pistol off a table & tried to run off with it. I guy I worked with saw the punk running his way, picked up an M1 rifle off of a vendors table and stepped back. When said punk went past he got butt stroked and took a nice nap, the imprint of the butt plate just missed his nose. My friend set the M1 back down and told the vendor "Nice rifle." Strange, but nobody saw nuttin!

This story made my being on this forum worth while by itself!

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Dougstump - Sorry I overlooked a reply to your post for a solution. That tool does look like an effective solution and I will consider it. Heck I will probably get it along with some rods, multiple options can be a good thing. Thank you for the link as I had not heard of that tool before. You probably just helped to sell a few.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I've used my tool several times on other shooters rifles. Once you get the bolt carrier back and the bolt unlocked (rotated) then you can use a rod.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nah, sometimes it's more fun to "Rub a butt on him". At a Shreveport gun show about three decades ago some punk grabbed a pistol off a table & tried to run off with it. I guy I worked with saw the punk running his way, picked up an M1 rifle off of a vendors table and stepped back. When said punk went past he got butt stroked and took a nice nap, the imprint of the butt plate just missed his nose. My friend set the M1 back down and told the vendor "Nice rifle." Strange, but nobody saw nuttin!

I love story's like this!

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    My first time on a carrier (CV-66) I was told a story of that had happened on a previous at sea period. For what ever reason an alarm tripped at a weapons locker and the MARDET responded to the security alert. Shipwide announcement, "Security alert, security alert, All hands standfast." When this happens you become like a bug on the wall as Marines may come running through with weapons and some take up a fixed position. Well there was a security alert in progress and a Marine (Private or Private First Class) at his post outside of Admiral's Country. An Admiral's staff Lieutenant comes walking through the passageway towards Admiral's Country. The Marine told him to standfast due to the security alert. The cocky Lieutenant replied he was part of the Admirals staff and did not have to. The Marine again told him to standfast against the bulkhead. The Lieutenant then tried to get past the Marine and ended up on his back looking up the barrel of a rifle after having the butt of an M-16 planted in his face. The Lieutenant got a reaming to go along with the bruise on his face, the Marine got a Navy Achievement Medal.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Separate upper from lower, set the upper muzzle-up on an old rag inside a bucket, fill barrel with 50/50 solution of ATF transmission fluid and acetone. Leave overnight. Pour any leftover fluid out the next morning, reassemble and if it doesn't cycle it should eject with a light "mortar tap". Disassemble and clean thoroughly.

I've removed a dozen stuck rounds, bullets, case-head separations from chambers with little to no effort after soaking.

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    sorry for my delay in responding, I use a samsung tablet and for some reason when I log onto this site I get "Unfortunately the internet has stopped." I can go onto other forums, youtube or other sites with no problems. Borrowing a computer right now.

Hope to continue to get more options listed here for future use by others. I will be getting the bolt bar and will also be looking into getting some brass rods made. If I have this problem again I will be prepared for it.

P.S. Thanks to all who posted their tools and methods used. All are useful and expand available options to those who my encounter this problem.

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    At classes I have seen and have had stick cases in my AR. The mortar method has been taught but you have to remember to collapse the stock or risk damage to the tube and/or stock. I have had the case lip break and used a long DEWEY coated rod to get it out. The longer the better since the weight helps in dislodging the case.

Goatwhiskers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you're having to use a rod to dislodge a case for whatever reason and worried about the rifling, wrap the rod every few inches with electrical tape. Eliminates possible contact. Also never use wood dowels whatever the situation, if it breaks you're in deep doo-doo. GW

Top Bottom