U.S.Virgin Islands Siezing Guns and Ammo!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I strongly suspect this is BS. Dailycaller.com was the one to break the story, and they aren't all that trustable. No reputable news organization has the story.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    The order is to let their tag seize **** like boats and other things... Specific to a mission at hand nothing to do about guns. They don't need private guns or ammo the federal government gives them plenty.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    I strongly suspect this is BS. Dailycaller.com was the one to break the story, and they aren't all that trustable. No reputable news organization has the story.

I really hope you are correct. Gun-grabbing like what happened after Katrina really worries me. I am no longer capable of adequately defending my family without a firearm and treasure my 2nd amendment rights.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I stand corrected, if it is necessary for the performance of the mission. They are not gonna need that ****. Hopefully the general realizes that the pain of doing that is not worth it. I hope the TAG has the the best interest of his troops and citizens in mind and does not walk down that path. The governor opened up a can of worms if he expects than to take all the guns.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    You have to remember that the U.S. Virgin Islands is only a territory, They do not enjoy our constitutional rights yet they get a lot of the benefits.

I do believe they are all US citizens and are in us territory so the only right they lack is the power to vote in federal elections

Last edited:

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA

Thanks Gator for the link to the order. Though I agree with your analysis of the original intent of the order, after reading it, the order does directly state "The A.G. is authorized to seize arms, ammunition, explosives,...." From whom? The order does go on to mention "in accordance with the Rules of Force". Hopefully the question seized from whom is answered clearly there and is in accordance with the second amendment.

By the way, Sportsbud is correct. Individuals born in the US Virgin Islands are US citizens and if they were to apply, they would be issued a US passport

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    The Virgin Islands are actually a Protectorate, Its not U.S. soil and U.S. Statues do not apply

Its unincorporated U.S. Territory so federal statues do in fact apply. Somoa is not like that though they do not get citizenship but are U.S. Nationals.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well, If the NRA files suit I guess we will get to see what the D.C.Circuit court decides.

Congress later passed a bill, supported by the NRA and signed by President George W. Bush, banning future seizures of weapons during emergencies.

We will see if indeed they have to follow U.S. law?

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Thanks Gator for the link to the order. Though I agree with your analysis of the original intent of the order, after reading it, the order does directly state "The A.G. is authorized to seize arms, ammunition, explosives,...." From whom? The order does go on to mention "in accordance with the Rules of Force". Hopefully the question seized from whom is answered clearly there and is in accordance with the second amendment.

By the way, Sportsbud is correct. Individuals born in the US Virgin Islands are US citizens and if they were to apply, they would be issued a US passport

The Virgin Islands are actually a Protectorate, Its not U.S. soil and U.S. Statues do not apply

Sportsbud is correct! Any one born in the Virgin Islands is considered a US citizen and can attain such status if they choose to by filing the paper work. If the Virgin Islands is not US soil, like many think them to be, then the NRA has no fricken say and is peeing in the wind! In other words, they need to stfu and be on their way!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Its unincorporated U.S. Territory so federal statues do in fact apply. Somoa is not like that though they do not get citizenship but are U.S. Nationals.

Its actually a Protectorate, They do not have a constitution and they are self governing, They also cannot vote in the house,senate and U.S. elections

We shall see what happens

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

Well, If the NRA files suit I guess we will get to see what the D.C.Circuit court decides.

Congress later passed a bill, supported by the NRA and signed by President George W. Bush, banning future seizures of weapons during emergencies.

We will see if indeed they have to follow U.S. law?

Its actually a Protectorate, They do not have a constitution and they are self governing, They also cannot vote in the house,senate and U.S. elections

We shall see what happens

Okay, by what you have posted so far as to the Virgin Islands being a protectorate, not being US soil, being self governing, etc., they can basically tell the US to GFTS, as well as the NRA, and not be bound by any laws by congress and signed into law by Bush or any other president. Which side of your mouth are you speaking out of?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Okay, by what you have posted so far as to the Virgin Islands being a protectorate, not being US soil, being self governing, etc., they can basically tell the US to GFTS, as well as the NRA, and not be bound by any laws by congress and signed into law by Bush or any other president. Which side of your mouth are you speaking out of?

No, The Dutch sold the islands to the federal government 100 years ago, They simply have never made statehood...yet

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    No, The Dutch sold the islands to the federal government 100 years ago, They simply have never made statehood...yet

Yes it is true. But, they are self governing, are not governed by US laws since they are self governing as opposed to Puerto Rico which is also a US territory, a common wealth within the US, given to the US by Spain in 1898, who has a non voting representative in the house of representatives, but yet Puerto Rico is bound by the majority of US laws of which Congress has to approve Puerto Rico's local laws.

Top Bottom