U.S.Virgin Islands Siezing Guns and Ammo!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yes it is true. But, they are self governing, are not governed by US laws since they are self governing as opposed to Puerto Rico which is also a US territory, a common wealth within the US, given to the US by Spain in 1898, who has a non voting representative in the house of representatives, but yet Puerto Rico is bound by the majority of US laws of which Congress has to approve Puerto Rico's local laws.

True, Its pretty complicated and no one seems to be in a hurry to achieve statehood, Both Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands are billions of dollars in debt, I wouldn't want to pick up their tabs, But somehow I think we are doing so already?

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Yes it is true. But, they are self governing, are not governed by US laws since they are self governing as opposed to Puerto Rico which is also a US territory, a common wealth within the US, given to the US by Spain in 1898, who has a non voting representative in the house of representatives, but yet Puerto Rico is bound by the majority of US laws of which Congress has to approve Puerto Rico's local laws.

The difference is for years the USVI have enjoyed many of the American protections and benefits while living outside of US scrutiny. Now closed, (but likely to reopen) St Croix has had the largest oil refinery in the western hemisphere (Hess then Hovensa). The main use of the facility was to crack the world's most plentiful but shitty crude, Venezuela's all outside the EPAs scrutiny. Just saying but I'd imagine there's some really big money encouraging against statehood. Same goes for other territories.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Protected by law, constitution, or whatever. They will do what they want to and deal with the legality of it later. We've seen it before and will probably see it again. Just have to live long enough.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    True, Its pretty complicated and no one seems to be in a hurry to achieve statehood, Both Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands are billions of dollars in debt, I wouldn't want to pick up their tabs, But somehow I think we are doing so already?

Yes they get all the benefits of the states; welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, free medical,etc. but they don't have to pay taxes. Gaining statehood would change that.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Sorry guys but I remember firearms being seized in New Orleans at the whim of the Mayor during Katrina. Thousands of guns were seized without benefit of search and seizure warrants.

Those seizing guns were not met with ANY resistance. Lawsuits were filed later and the order was to return the seized weapons. As of last November, not one weapon had been returned and nobody admits to even knowing where the weapons are located.

It can happen in any state, country or nation.

I would hate to see it happen in LA again but the forces are welcome to come into my house to search. They will find an old .38spl that I got at a flean market. The rest of my guns were lost during a move and have not been found since 2002.

Top Bottom