herbicide that works?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    It may depend on what type of grass you have. I have had success with mixing round up and 2 4 D together with accompanying water and spraying that mix with fairly decent results. It does kill off the grass and weeds I spray it on but, eventially the grass and weeds will come back and require spraying again.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    You're looking for something with a residual effect . A lot of Herbicides don't have that characteristic , and for good reason . Search for a ground sterilizer .

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    pool salt in a sprayer? how much salt per gallon?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I just picked up some RM43 based on reviews on Amazon. They were saying that it is so strong that if you spray it over tree roots it will kill the tree. Sounds perfect for what I need to do.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I just picked up some RM43 based on reviews on Amazon. They were saying that it is so strong that if you spray it over tree roots it will kill the tree. Sounds perfect for what I need to do.
    I'm not sure I would believe that . It has the same main ingredient as RoundUp and that's not how it works .

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    I ran into the same problem at my office - would spray Roundup, would take 3-5 days for the weeds to die, then about 2 weeks later, they would start coming back. Buy Preen off of Amazon (they have a good price on a 13lb bag, right now) - spray the roundup and sprinkle the Preen, which is a pre-emergent herbicide, which stops the seeds/new weeds from germinating.

That combination should get rid of what you have and minimize what comes up in the future.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I'm not sure I would believe that . It has the same main ingredient as RoundUp and that's not how it works .

I think it is the residual component that does it and not the Glycophospahte. Quite a few people mentioned that trees/shrubs died when they sprayed it under the canopy. I haven't seen it myself but it would help me out.

pavlovscat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Meraux, LA
    I second broadcasting salt. It's cheap & kills everything. Just be cautious not to over spread because the plants aren't coming back any time soon.

Top Bottom