Carencro Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    End of this month.

Attachments

• IMAG00962.jpg
      IMAG00962.jpg
      189.7 KB · Views: 93

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Thanks for the heads up! Please post a reminder as the date gets closer if you dont mind. At my age, I tend to forget things rather quickly.
    Now, what was I talking about? :confused:
    :dogkeke:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If you dont mind, please remind me as the date of the show gets closer. I tend to forget things as I get older. Thanks for posting this up!
    This will be held at the old "hockey plex" if I am not mistaken?

That's it!, Just north of Gloria Switch on the west frontage road.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    That's it!, Just north of Gloria Switch on the west frontage road.

Got it! Went ice skating a few times when the hockey plex was still in operation. Is the pond to the rear of the facility still open for fishing? I used to go there to fish and catch some very nice catfish there. Of course, we had to pay to fish and then pay by the pound of the fish we caught but, we left from there with some nice catfish.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Got it! Went ice skating a few times when the hockey plex was still in operation. Is the pond to the rear of the facility still open for fishing? I used to go there to fish and catch some very nice catfish there. Of course, we had to pay to fish and then pay by the pound of the fish we caught but, we left from there with some nice catfish.

Man you got me on the pond, Never tried it out, I may take a ride tomorrow and check it out.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Man you got me on the pond, Never tried it out, I may take a ride tomorrow and check it out.

If I remember correctly, the guy that originally owned the hockey plex also owned the pond. Was an elderly guy originally from the Jennings area by the name of Roland. Real nice guy. The pond was known as "Roland's Pond". He sold the hockey plex first and then eventially sold the pond to some one else years later. I dont know if the present owner of the pond is still operating it or not.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If I remember correctly, the guy that originally owned the hockey plex also owned the pond. Was an elderly guy originally from the Jennings area by the name of Roland. Real nice guy. The pond was known as "Roland's Pond". He sold the hockey plex first and then eventially sold the pond to some one else years later. I dont know if the present owner of the pond is still operating it or not.

The town of Carencro now owns the complex, The pond I can't comment on, However sounds worthy of investigation?

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    The town of Carencro now owns the complex, The pond I can't comment on, However sounds worthy of investigation?

Yes, I am aware that Carencro now owns the complex but, before they did, some one else owned the hockey plex after Roland sold it to the other owner before Carencro got ownership of it. Roland retained ownership of the pond for a number of years after selling the hockey plex but, then eventially sold the pond to another owner. I do not know the the status of the pond at the moment.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yes, I am aware that Carencro now owns the complex but, before they did, some one else owned the hockey plex after Roland sold it to the other owner before Carencro got ownership of it. Roland retained ownership of the pond for a number of years after selling the hockey plex but, then eventially sold the pond to another owner. I do not know the the status of the pond at the moment.

I'll ask around for you, A Carencro Sargent lives at front or the road, He may know who has the pond.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I got the new owners name and # for you to call,PM Incoming.

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Has anyone been to that show this weekend (Feb 3,4)? If so did you see if anyone was selling black G10 double diamond 1911 grips like the ones VZ makes?

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Has anyone been to that show this weekend (Feb 3,4)? If so did you see if anyone was selling black G10 double diamond 1911 grips like the ones VZ makes?

There were VZ type grips for 1911s there, but I didn't pay much attention to color or whether they had a double diamond.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rb24
    Top Bottom