Revived: The **** you hear people say about firearms...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I wanted to revive this entertaining (closed) thread.

I'll start with something a coworker told me.

We were talking about local ranges, he or I aren't originally from the area so we were discussing potential shooting locations. It's obvious he isn't much of a firearm guy, but his dad sounds like an avid enthusiast. He tells me his dad got a FA Thompson and they could only shoot it at a certain range. I said "oh cool, I bet he paid a good bit for that thing. How much if you don't mind me asking?" He responds "no he got a deal, like $1-2k and it was one in good condition, almost new. He heard the guy was selling it and bought it that day!"

:rofl:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Haha. What. A. Deal!

I will post many things here. I have nothing but golden stories from the shop. Tales of the goon....i mean gun.

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I had some one tell me once that kel-tec made the lcp for ruger and it was the same as the p3at. Not sure if he was trying to sell me on KT or dissing ruger. Have not been back to that gun shop since (it was one of the clerks, and he had been there a while)

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA

We were talking about local ranges, he or I aren't originally from the area so we were discussing potential shooting locations. It's obvious he isn't much of a firearm guy, but his dad sounds like an avid enthusiast. He tells me his dad got a FA Thompson and they could only shoot it at a certain range. I said "oh cool, I bet he paid a good bit for that thing. How much if you don't mind me asking?" He responds "no he got a deal, like $1-2k and it was one in good condition, almost new. He heard the guy was selling it and bought it that day!"

He probably overheard the dad telling his mom how much it was when he bought it.

Like that joke: I hope my wife doesn't sell my guns for what I told her I bought them for when I die.

fng

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish

in his defense, my wife thinks all my silencers were $200 each..he may have been told some bs so mama don't find out

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    in his defense, my wife thinks all my silencers were $200 each..he may have been told some bs so mama don't find out

Possibly, but you can't transfer an NFA item in one day after you see it for sale. Also, it was a new production Thompson, so it's non-transferable. Unless everything he said was flat wrong, I'm pretty sure it isn't an NFA Thompson.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I constantly hear women state how they only want pink colored guns. I still don't get that, but whatevs.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My wife has warned me to never, ever buy her a pink gun! I keep reminding her not to worry as that will never happen.

I may or may not have almost bought a pink LCP. Someone on here was selling one for around 25% of MSRP once because he couldn't get rid of it. But then I thought about it and realized that even 75% off wouldn't be worth the looks I'd get, LOL!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I may or may not have almost bought a pink LCP. Someone on here was selling one for around 25% of MSRP once because he couldn't get rid of it. But then I thought about it and realized that even 75% off wouldn't be worth the looks I'd get, LOL!

What color are your penguin socks? I would be willing to bet good money that they are pink! :rofl:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Had a shop owner tell me that his Glocks were priced higher than Academy's because the academy guns were made with cheaper parts and if you weighed the guns his would be heavier. May he Rest In Peace

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I can get you a good deal on a Tiffany Blue Glock from Lone Wolf.
    Thanks but, I will pass on one of thosel

Had a shop owner tell me that his Glocks were priced higher than Academy's because the academy guns were made with cheaper parts and if you weighed the guns his would be heavier. May he Rest In Peace

Now, that is just messed up!

Top Bottom