Revived: The **** you hear people say about firearms...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    "___mm" or "___Cal" is the best because "somebody" tested it! << Coming from "someone" who can't shoot past 30 feet.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Did y'all know that if you're shot in the hand with a .22LR, the bullet will travel down your arm, through both lungs, the heart, liver and both kidneys before exiting from your left big toe? That's why they're so deadly.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Guy told me since he was in the service he knew more about 1911's than I
    That my worked on 1911 was never gonna be accurate as the 45acp was designed to flip threw the air end over end. As it hit sideways and took whole body parts off.
    He was a good friend of my dads, so i never told him anything.
    That they flipped, due to being loose! Since ya had to shoot the Full "Auto Colt Pistol" ammo 45acp that was made for the full auto rifles. You see the rifle, had a smaller barrel than the pistol
    I did once tell him that he was mistaken as the 45acp was for the rifle and pistol sized to .452" and the old 45 Colt was .454"
    He insisted that they used larger barrels in the 1911 since it was close and and wanted to to flip
    Also he had to use 2 hands since they had a grip safety that must be pushed in with one hand while ya fired with the other.......
    I just thanked him for his service.
    Ruger is the American branch of Luger

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Guy told me since he was in the service he knew more about 1911's than I
    That my worked on 1911 was never gonna be accurate as the 45acp was designed to flip threw the air end over end. As it hit sideways and took whole body parts off.
    He was a good friend of my dads, so i never told him anything.
    That they flipped, due to being loose! Since ya had to shoot the Full "Auto Colt Pistol" ammo 45acp that was made for the full auto rifles. You see the rifle, had a smaller barrel than the pistol
    I did once tell him that he was mistaken as the 45acp was for the rifle and pistol sized to .452" and the old 45 Colt was .454"
    He insisted that they used larger barrels in the 1911 since it was close and and wanted to to flip
    Also he had to use 2 hands since they had a grip safety that must be pushed in with one hand while ya fired with the other.......
    I just thanked him for his service.
    Ruger is the American branch of Luger

Well damn.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I saw a police officer arrest a suspect and put him in the back of the patrol car. Said suspect had one of the North American Arms baby revolvers, the officer was having difficulty trying to unloading the revolver. I told the officer that I owned one of those little beasts and if he wished I would be happy to clear it for him. He got all indignant and said that he was a firearms expert trained in handling all firearms. I proceed to get some cover while he kept fumbling with the revolver.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

BANG!

He got some powder burns but missed his fingers. I'd like to see how he explained the .22 hole in the right rear fender of his patrol car!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I saw a police officer arrest a suspect and put him in the back of the patrol car. Said suspect had one of the North American Arms baby revolvers, the officer was having difficulty trying to unloading the revolver. I told the officer that I owned one of those little beasts and if he wished I would be happy to clear it for him. He got all indignant and said that he was a firearms expert trained in handling all firearms. I proceed to get some cover while he kept fumbling with the revolver.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

BANG!

He got some powder burns but missed his fingers. I'd like to see how he explained the .22 hole in the right rear fender of his patrol car!

Yeah, I know some people like that. I had a shift sergant that had that same kind of attitude. He put a hole in the wall of the dispatch area from a Titan .25acp pistol after a few of us deputies offered to help of which he declined. The Sheriff was not happy and gave him a whole week off without pay for his efforts.

pavlovscat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Meraux, LA
    I constantly hear women state how they only want pink colored guns. I still don't get that, but whatevs.
    I've had clerks attempt to steer me to the colorful options. Nope. It's flat black or blued steel. Now, if pink is what it takes to get my sisters armed, I can live with it. As long as they are practicing, not just letting those pink pistols sit unfired, it's all good.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    What would you think about someone discharging an Ithaca model 37 12 gauge in a squad room?

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    One day I stopped by the friendly LGS. A nice lady wanted a pistol for CCW, but couldn't understand the available colors (black and blue). The salesman wasn't having any luck trying to explain they are just different colors. So, being a smart ass, I ask if I could help. "One is for casual wear and one is for formal wear." She said, "Oh, then I need both pistols?" And then proceeded to purchase BOTH pistols. The salesman durn near bit his tongue off trying to keep from laughing.

On the subject of pink, the daughter of a guy I worked with got interested in his deer hunting and wanted to take up the sport. She declared that she wanted a pink rifle, he absolutely refused! She lost interest and moved on to other hobbies that he isn't interested in. He screwed up big time. If your daughter/girl friend/wife wants a pink gun, get her one!

Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux
    Had a guy checking out a .357 Sig at Academy and one of the clerks behind the counter tells him to get a .40. So he can shoot .40 and .357 Sig without changing ANYTHING because they use the same case...

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Had a guy checking out a .357 Sig at Academy and one of the clerks behind the counter tells him to get a .40. So he can shoot .40 and .357 Sig without changing ANYTHING because they use the same case...

I would laugh, but that is terrifying that someone would spread that miss information.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    What would you think about someone discharging an Ithaca model 37 12 gauge in a squad room?

SAY WHAT!! I couldn't hear over the ringing in my ears.:)

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
    Top Bottom