Ballistics App

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    What is your favorite ballistics app used on your phone? I did a search in the app store and there are numerous choices. Unfortunately not many had reviews.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    What are you trying to do?
    I had Strelok.
    I used it sometimes for things like deciding on a zero distance for a rifle, drops at various ranges or how changing one variable affects something. Keep in mind it is a garbage in / garbage out deal. Height of sight over bore, MV and BC are the big inputs to get right. Then atmospheric inputs can be left at a standard or changed to the current conditions. Having a standard is good for playing what if.

Strelok could let me save a rifle with various options.
    For example:
    Kimber 82G Iron Sights
    Kimber 82G Bushnell Scope
    Kimber 82G Mueller Scope

Then you could switch the loads and get the differing results.
    Rem GB
    Federal Load 1
    Federal Load 2

You could generate a table with drops and correction in inches, MOA and Clicks or others units. Then you could put Min-max ranges and increments. Adding in wind drift was possible. You could pick the options to display in the table IIRC.

Most of my usage was pre range figuring and the what-ifs.

I would not trust a ballistic app until I had proven in correlates to real world results. I would also make a printed drop chart including wind for when you can't access the app, just don't have time to play with it or rules prohibit.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    What are you trying to do?

My ultimate goal is to be effective hunting in the 600ish yard range. I anticipate this goal to take me a couple of years to accomplish due to the work I need to put in. I am starting with baby steps. This season I plan to stick within the 300 yard range.

I am just starting this adventure with a new setup. Rem 700 24" spotter barrel, Timney CE trigger, Manners t4a stock, Nightforce SHV. I have 5 factory ammo types I am going to play with initially. Hand loading is a possibility I would just need to purchase the rifle components. I don't foresee having time before this season to accomplish this hence the factory selection.

I understand the fact that the quality of the data in is a direct result of the data.

My hopes are to start with a quality app that will assist me in accomplishing my end goal. I don't want to start with something basic and have to continuously learn new apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom