Resident Retired Military License

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dranrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2015
    Metairie
    Louisiana offers a Resident Retired Military hunt/fish license for $5.00. I looked in the 17/18 regulations brochure and online, and cannot find what that license covers. Does it cover big and small game, primitive weapons, WMA etc? Can anyone help me with what is covered by that license?

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    If it's like the one that my dad gets for $5 it covers everything in the state except the commercial stuff. Give them a call, I have found they are very helpful.

Last edited:

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Louisiana Revised Statutes Title 56: 643

C. Upon application to the department and showing identification and proof of military service satisfactory to the department, any person who is a retired member of the United States Armed Forces, the Louisiana Army National Guard, or the Louisiana Air National Guard and was either born in Louisiana or is a bona fide resident of Louisiana, shall be issued a retired military hunting and fishing license. A fee of five dollars shall be charged for this license, and the license shall be available from June first of each calendar year and shall be valid from the date of purchase through the following June thirtieth. This license shall be in lieu of basic hunting, big game, bow, primitive firearms, and waterfowl licenses, turkey hunting stamps, WMA hunting permits, and the basic and saltwater fishing licenses and must be in the possession of the licensee when the licensee is engaged in hunting or fishing activities. Possession of this license shall also authorize the license holder to use a crossbow or a bow that is drawn, held, and released by mechanical means. Magnified scopes may be used with crossbows.
    Amended by Acts 1954, No. 674, §1; Acts 1991, No. 587, §1, eff. July 16, 1991; Acts 2000, 2d Ex. Sess., No. 1, §3, eff. June 26, 2000; Acts 2002, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 77, §1; Acts 2003, No. 271, §1; Acts 2003, No. 855, §1; Acts 2006, No. 221, §1; Acts 2006, No. 497, §1; Acts 2008, No. 51, §1, eff. June 5, 2008; Acts 2014, No. 222, §1.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I have been getting it free for being old also . When Walmart's prints it out everything that's not commercial comes out. I look like a dinosaur dragging it's tail walking and folding it up when I leave the desk . :)

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    It covers everything fishing and hunting. You need to mail in the paperwork to get the license the first time; essentially proving you are retired military. Once they tag you, you can do it online thereafter. That's what they told me. Good deal!

Top Bottom