Kenner Gunshow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunshow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Westwego
    I went to the Kenner Gunshow this Sarurday 9/16 /17 .I think it was the worst show I have ever been to . The ad says THE BIG ONE , The show was only half full and they just spread the tables out to look full. I think the price of admission should depend on table sales.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Sadly it seems to be the trend. It may be a cause/effect thing. I went faithfully for years and enjoyed the shows even if i didnt go to buy. Then the quality of the shows seemed to go down in proportion to the rising prices. I finally stopped going. I'd imagine a lot of others did too for their own reasons. Fewer shoppers leads to fewer vendors and more opportunity for non-firearm vendors. Couple that with a higher admission price and its only a matter of time until there are no more shows. Really sad for a customer driven industry with a very dedicated following. I'd be glad to go back if i found a show like the ones we had 10 or so years ago.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    When I was in college (over a decade ago) I used to love going to the gun show. Lots of options, decent pricing, good place for ammo cans, ammo and roasted nuts. Then the Obama years happened and prices sky rocketed and it was all cheap black rifles, Chinese eotech clones etc. I stopped going. Now since everyone panic bought for the past few years, most of us don't need anything unless its for a killer deal.

Scott5.0

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Loranger, LA
    We went today as well and there was a pretty big section in the middle that was completely void of tables. We got there at about 9:30 or so, and there wasn't a line to get in the place. When we have gone in the past, the line to get in would easily be 30+ deep. We literally walked right up to the ticket table and rolled in.

However, I will say this, I was surprised to see a half way decent selection of guns on the tables. I went today specifically looking to pick up a 2nd G17 Gen 5 and I was surprised to see as many as I did (saw 3 G19's and at least 4 G17's) considering how hit and miss they are at the LGS in the area. Prices were decent as well, $549 was the cheapest with $579 being the most expensive.

I didn't pay attention to the prices, but if you are looking for an S&W M&P or a Sig P320, they have a bunch of them floating around.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I was surprised at how many open spaces there was. I ended up only buying some Alligator Cajun Sticks and left after about an hour or two. While I was on that side of the lake I went to Jefferson Gun for the first time and have to say was very impressed with the friendly staff and the store in general. First time I have ever been there.

As far as the gun show goes, prices were like the rest. New guns were usually priced within 20-30 bucks of each other. Any older guns were usually way over priced.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I stopped going when they increased the price of admission and when the sellers took part in the high price **** show.

My last 3 trips I was able to use my cell phone to find much better prices on identical items while eye shopping the tables.

Top Bottom