Night Vision

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I picked up a TNVC PVS14 a couple years ago. Running it on a Team Wendy helment with a Wilcox mount. Also got a weapon mount for it. Have a couple IR flashlights, a Inforce and Surefire.
    Waiting for it to get a little cooler, going to try to thin the coyote herd a bit.

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    Adams industries Sentinels with a wilcox mount, MTEK helmet with a TNVC mohawk, and I use a surefire M300V as a light source.

If you have any nod questions drop me a line. I've used all kids of stuff from tons of different manufacturers

Last edited:

clo5

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Adams industries Sentinels with a wilcox mount, MTEK helmet with a TNVC mohawk, and I use a surefire M300V as a light source.

If you have any nod questions drop me a line. I've used all kids of stuff from tons of different manufacturers

Nice. Hope to have a similar setup in the next few years. If I have any questions Ill let you know. Always a pleasure anytime I stop by IG.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Looks like there's few people running any type of nods. At least who's willing to share it here.
    IGChris, I'm shopping for a IR aming laser, no visible, no illuminator, just IR aiming.
    Keep coming back to the Steiner OTAL-C IR. What's your thoughts/suggestion.
    Would like something as small as possible.
    If you guys ever let my suppressor out of jail; this is next.

clo5

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Same type of question Chris. Would you go ATPIAL-C, DBAL-A3, or try and get a full power PEQ?

Also have you had any time with a MAWL? If so, thoughts?

Last edited:

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    Same type of question Chris. Would you go ATPIAL-C, DBAL-A3, or try and get a full power PEQ?

Also have you had any time with a MAWL? If so, thoughts?

Keep in mind if you brake your restricted PEQ you're pretty much screwed. I bought my reps sample and can always have him send it in for service but on the civ side you're gonna have a tough time.

The ATPIAL-C and DBAL are both great units and I've owned both at some point in time. Mostly everything today is slaved. That used to be a selling point but is pretty much the norm. I don't find either is better than the other in terms of performance so take your pick.

The MAWL is in a league of its own both in price and performance. I haven't played with a full power version but I have the civ version and it's almost too bright. I could only imagine how rediculious the restricted version is.

if you can afford it get the MAWL. If not the DBAL or ATPIAL-C are both fantastic units.

Skip the full power PEQ in my opinion.

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    Looks like there's few people running any type of nods. At least who's willing to share it here.
    IGChris, I'm shopping for a IR aming laser, no visible, no illuminator, just IR aiming.
    Keep coming back to the Steiner OTAL-C IR. What's your thoughts/suggestion.
    Would like something as small as possible.
    If you guys ever let my suppressor out of jail; this is next.

yeah the OTAL is what I would do if you were looking for just IR. I tried it but wound up going back to a PEQ only for aesthetic reasons.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Chris, How does the OTAL hold up to recoil?
    This is being spec'd out for a 458 SOCOM.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom